Help

15 years 4 months ago #83296 by Jensoj
Help was created by Jensoj
I am new to website building and Community Builder. I am currently having some problems figuring out how to integrate some of the plugins with community builder. I have loaded the uddeIM component and have it set and working but it just seems like another e-mail service more than anything. Im looking for a MSN, Yahoo, AIM kind of feel where messages are instant and you can private chat instantaneously, also how do I go about installing a good newsletter and calendar. I know some of these questions might be really easy, but I am still getting my feet wet as some would say so any help would be greatly appreciated since I feel I am currently going in circles.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #83304 by Camee
Replied by Camee on topic Re:Help
Well these questions are not easy. I'm not sure if it's possible to create a community you want, without doing it yourself.

You can install a chat on your site, but the most modules I know, are not connected to CB profiles. I use a simple shoutbox, but live communication is not the aim of my community.

To your UddeIM problem: There is a plugin called plug_pmsuddeim, normally it's delivered with com_uddeim. You have to install this plugin in the plugin management of community builder. UddeIM is only a private messages component, not a chat.

As newsletter I can recommend Acajoom. You can integrate it in the registration page of CB, so when a new member wants to register on your site, he can choose if he want to receive your newsletters or not. There is also a CB tab where he can manage his abonnements.

For what you want to use the calendar? Eventmanagement? Well there are many components, but I am not very familiar with them.

Post edited by: Camee, at: 2008/12/24 15:55

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds