Strange logout button behavior in IE7

15 years 3 months ago #83394 by aussieang
Strange logout button behavior in IE7 was created by aussieang
Hello,

When you first login with IE7, the logout button is missing. In order for it to show, you must open a new tab in the browser, wait a few seconds, and then go back to the CB tab and it appears. Upon navigating within the site, it disappears again and you have to go to a different tab again for a few seconds for it to reappear.

Very odd. It only does it in IE7. I am running Windows Vista Basic and have tested it on XP with IE7 as well and the same thing happens.

I searched the forums and it seems others are having this same problem but I couldn't find a solution.

Thank you!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #83405 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Strange logout button behavior in IE7
aussieang wrote:

Hello,

When you first login with IE7, the logout button is missing. In order for it to show, you must open a new tab in the browser, wait a few seconds, and then go back to the CB tab and it appears. Upon navigating within the site, it disappears again and you have to go to a different tab again for a few seconds for it to reappear.

Very odd. It only does it in IE7. I am running Windows Vista Basic and have tested it on XP with IE7 as well and the same thing happens.

I searched the forums and it seems others are having this same problem but I couldn't find a solution.

Thank you!

Are you using a custom template? IE is NOT a web compliant browser. It will act strange on a LOT of CSS tags. I suggest grabbing firefox then getting the firebug extension and seeing what tags exactly are being applied to the button.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 3 months ago #83425 by ndee
Replied by ndee on topic Re:Strange logout button behavior in IE7
Check if the CB Login Module is published everywhere.

###################
SPEED UP HELP, read first: Help us help you
###################

15 years 3 months ago #83487 by aussieang
Replied by aussieang on topic Re:Strange logout button behavior in IE7
Thanks for the reply guys!

After playing around with the css with no success, I found a line of commented code in the mod_login.php file and uncommented it:

echo '<div style="width:100%; padding:0px; border-width:0px; margin:0px;">'."\n";

Looks like it did the trick as it's working now!

Cheers!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn