userlist search not returning results

15 years 4 months ago #83767 by ili
Hi,

I am using: J1.5.8/CB1.2RC4/sh404sef

The search function for the user list is not working for me.

Here is what happens:
- when I fill in NO field, just leave all of them open, it will return nobody. And after pressing search, all text fields have now the value "0" in them

- when I fill out just a few fields I again dont get any user returned and the fields that i left blank have again "0" in them.

- when i fill in all fields to match a certain user, the user is returned

How can I make the search return users with all the values I selected but ignore the ones that I didnt select?

Really appreciate your help!!!
Ili

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #83774 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:userlist search not returning results
ili wrote:

Hi,

I am using: J1.5.8/CB1.2RC4/sh404sef

The search function for the user list is not working for me.

Here is what happens:
- when I fill in NO field, just leave all of them open, it will return nobody. And after pressing search, all text fields have now the value "0" in them

- when I fill out just a few fields I again dont get any user returned and the fields that i left blank have again "0" in them.

- when i fill in all fields to match a certain user, the user is returned

How can I make the search return users with all the values I selected but ignore the ones that I didnt select?

Really appreciate your help!!!
Ili

Search uses URL params to filter the list. Try disabling SEF and see how it goes. Sounds like a link rewrite issue or maybe caching.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 4 months ago #83777 by ili
Hi,
thanks for responding so fast! It works when I disable it. I would rather not do that though. Is there any other way to make it work?

THANKS!
ili

15 years 4 months ago #83803 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:userlist search not returning results
ili wrote:

Hi,
thanks for responding so fast! It works when I disable it. I would rather not do that though. Is there any other way to make it work?

THANKS!
ili

Yes, disable rewrites for the searching. You do not want to rewrite URLs on searches.

Not sure what your component allows, but should be able to disable rewrites by task. If not then might have to disable by component and turn of rewrites for CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn