profile edit not there

15 years 4 months ago #84198 by Paula Hare
profile edit not there was created by Paula Hare
Hi all

I have uploaded CB 1.2 RC4 and it is looking good on my live site so I think I will be going with it, however when a user goes to their profile there are no 'menu' items at the top to update their profile, or update their image. If you look at another member it is the same scenario, none of the 4 options, Community, View, Messages, Moderation are there.

I had problems with 1.1 so after a number of attempts of installing and uninstalling I decided to go with 1.2 which solved all problems except the above.

I have installed it on my dev environment and it is working correctly there.

When I installed CB1.2 on live (before I replicated it on dev) and went to "load sample data" it said data was already loaded so it appears that the uninstall didn't actually remove everything?

Can anyone please tell me what I can do to solve this, I am quite a newbie and stuck. Properties of the 'missing menus' on dev say they are looking at mambo/index.php for option=comprofiler&itemid=userDetails but that index.php is identical to the one on live.

Mambo 4.6.5 and CB 1.2 RC4

Any help appreciated.

Thanks, Paula

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #84205 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:profile edit not there
sounds like the cb menu plugin is not published.

15 years 4 months ago #84215 by Paula Hare
Replied by Paula Hare on topic Re:profile edit not there
Hi Nant

Thank you very much, it was published but set to no display.

Much appreciated, oh and now I know that CB is just what I needed, I will be buying into the documentation to show appreciation for all that the team do.

Paula

15 years 4 months ago #84219 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:profile edit not there
Paula Hare wrote:

Hi Nant

Thank you very much, it was published but set to no display.

Much appreciated, oh and now I know that CB is just what I needed, I will be buying into the documentation to show appreciation for all that the team do.

Paula

Great - so this is something you manually changed because default value is not 'no display'.

Post edited by: nant, at: 2009/01/05 17:31

15 years 4 months ago #84238 by Paula Hare
Replied by Paula Hare on topic Re:profile edit not there
Hi Nant

No that's the odd thing, I'm not aware that I have ever touched the settings manually (until now), it must have got messed up somewhere during the installations/uninstalls. Until you mentioned it I don't believe I had ever looked at it so presumably it has default, 'published' settings when you install, it certainly did on my dev install so I really don't know how they became unpublished on live.

Anyway, I'm a happy bunny now as it's all working a treat so thank you again.

Now to work out how to integrate smf so there is just one login! :unsure: No doubt I'll be putting another plea for help on here soon.

Cheers
Paula

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn