Replacing Joomla core user manager with CB

15 years 4 months ago #84230 by rickopeacock@gmail.com
Replacing Joomla core user manager with CB was created by rickopeacock@gmail.com
Hi Community Builders,

I'm completing a community builder installation (first time) where new users are only added via the backend. To prevent any sync issues I would like to disable access to the Joomla core user manager via the backend (ie User Manager in the Site menu of the backend), so administrators only have access to the Community Builder user management page to add users. I've been able to modify the Joomla authorization.php file which removes the menu link as desired. However, it is then impossible to access any Community Builder setting. In other words I'm loosing access to the Joomla core user manager AND Community builder.

I've also disabled user manager in the components extension manager but the component still seems to be active in the backend.

Is it possible to achieve this easily? I thought the authorization.php would only affect Joomla core functionality but it looks like Community builder is linked somehow.

Thanks everyone,

Rick.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #84232 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Replacing Joomla core user manager with CB
rickopeacock@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Community Builders,

I'm completing a community builder installation (first time) where new users are only added via the backend. To prevent any sync issues I would like to disable access to the Joomla core user manager via the backend (ie User Manager in the Site menu of the backend), so administrators only have access to the Community Builder user management page to add users. I've been able to modify the Joomla authorization.php file which removes the menu link as desired. However, it is then impossible to access any Community Builder setting. In other words I'm loosing access to the Joomla core user manager AND Community builder.

I've also disabled user manager in the components extension manager but the component still seems to be active in the backend.

Is it possible to achieve this easily? I thought the authorization.php would only affect Joomla core functionality but it looks like Community builder is linked somehow.

Thanks everyone,

Rick.

Sync issues? They're synced automatically. User created in user manager will also be created in community builder.

This is more of a Joomla question then CB. I'd suggest checking the Joomla forums and performing a search as removing that link has likely already been done.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn