Register to read more

15 years 3 months ago #86539 by peregrinus_interstellar
Register to read more was created by peregrinus_interstellar
I restrict access to some articles: only registered users can read them. However, I want to see the item list without registration.

This works with setting the parameter "Read more link" to "Show" in the "Content" tab of the Joomla Global Configuration setting. Then a "Register to read more..." link appears next to such an article, leading to the register module.

Activating CB Login and restricting registration to only through CB does not change this "Register to read more link", which still points to the standard register module (site)/index.php?option=com_registration&task=register

- which is disabled, and may mislead the user that registration is blocked -

and not to the CB register: (site)/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers

Releases:
Joomla 1.0.15
CB 1.2 RC 4

Go Here e.g. to peregrinus-interstellar.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=category§ionid=5&id=23&Itemid=28

Any idea where to configure this or where is a solution described?

Thanks, Tibor

Post edited by: peregrinus_interstellar, at: 2009/01/25 22:09

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 1 month ago #90833 by openijl
Replied by openijl on topic Re:Register to read more
I have exactly the same problem and, having searched the Joolapolis board, and the web, I can see that this question has been posted several times without any answer.

:-(

This really is a requirement. How can we redirect the "Register to read more..." link to the cblogin / registration module please?

Many thanks,
Ian Lever

15 years 1 month ago #91558 by openijl
Replied by openijl on topic Re:Register to read more
Does no-one know how to do this with CB?

Can CB do it?

Thanks,
Ian

15 years 1 month ago #91578 by mediaguru
Replied by mediaguru on topic Re:Register to read more
Well you could make your initial post be set for everyone to view. Then make a 2nd article which is set for registered only. Then your link at the end of your 1st article would say "read more" and link to the registered only article. Then they'd get a notice that this particular content item is for registered members only... No hacks or plugins needed.

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds