meta tag "description"

14 years 10 months ago #101695 by benech
meta tag "description" was created by benech
Hi all,

Do you know how to automatically fill the meta tag "description" of the user profile page ?

$_CB_framework->document->addHeadMetaData( 'description', $description );

<-- works fine using if $description = 'bla bla bla'

but how to replace 'bla bla bla' by fields values from the displayed profile ?

Thanks

alain

Post edited by: benech, at: 2009/08/20 21:11

Post edited by: benech, at: 2009/08/20 21:21

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #101701 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:meta tag "description"
It's possible with a new plugin using the following within your plugin:
[code:1]
$_CB_framework->document->addHeadMetaData( 'META NAME', 'CONTENT' );
[/code:1]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 10 months ago #102021 by benech
Replied by benech on topic Re:meta tag "description"
Hi krileon,

I'm a fresh CB (joomla and php) user not able to create the plugin :

In the xml file, I let params, tabs and install empty
In the php file, I insert only the following code "$_CB_framework->document->addHeadMetaData( 'description', 'bla bla bla' );"

Not enough to make it working, when the plugin is activated I got the error :

"Fatal error: Call to a member function addHeadMetaData() on a non-object in /web/mywebsite/www/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbplugin_headertags/cbplugin_headertags.php on line 21"

More help is welcome.

alain

14 years 10 months ago #102066 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:meta tag "description"
I suggest reviewing any of the many plugins to help get you started.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 5 months ago #116473 by piersol
Replied by piersol on topic Re:meta tag "description"
Where is the meta description for each profile page generated? Id like to create a meta description that pulls from the cb fields.

1.) What controls the meta data for each profile
2.) Can that control be customized to pull field data?

14 years 5 months ago #117362 by piersol
Replied by piersol on topic Re:meta tag "description"
Kyle, can you help us take this one step further please. I know you are busy, but isnt it only logical that a profile page such as with CB should have custom info in the meta for that page? How else is it supposed to be found?

If you know how to make this "simple" plugin, allowing the meta description to be pulled from a user field, please help us make it happen. I am sure 100,000 plus other members would be greatful.

Shonn

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds