meta tag "description"

14 years 3 months ago #122951 by coachnet
Replied by coachnet on topic Re:meta tag "description"
Hi Shonn & Kyle,
did you manage to get anywhere with this? I know we really need this functionality for our site and I have NO programming knowledge whatsoever!
most grateful for any developments!
Renee

Renee Hasseldine
CoachNetwork Founder
Life Coaches | Business Coaches | Executive Coaches

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 months ago #123090 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:meta tag "description"
Very basic plugin, lets you specify up to 5 custom meta tags with full substitutions.

I am not providing support for this; it was a quick write and test for user feedback. If there's any issues then please examine the code (only 30 lines of code!).

For future reference users please if wanting custom development to use what's available as examples to build new developer; let this plugin be yet another example to reference to.

Attachment plug_cbmeta.zip not found

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: fenixsz

14 years 3 months ago #123105 by piersol
Replied by piersol on topic Re:meta tag "description"
Ok, i installed it fine. No errors. What do you suggest we do to prevent the original meta description from showing?

As i see it, this plugin is not overriding the original or its not being seen because the original is being shown first.

Either way, it has shown no affect thus far.

Any ideas?

Post edited by: piersol, at: 2010/01/28 22:02

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds