Link user submissions/posts to CB profile?

14 years 2 months ago #123866 by johnnybiggles
Link user submissions/posts to CB profile? was created by johnnybiggles
I was wondering if there are any extensions that can create a link at the end of an article for that article in a tab inside the CB user's profile who submitted the information?

In other words, if a user submits information that gets approved and used as content, I would like to thank and credit that user by placing a link at the end of the article (using their CB username if possible, even if the admin actually writes the article) to a tab in their CB user profile which contains other used/unused article links (article titles) that the user has submitted, which link back to the articles. That way the user can keep track of content items they submitted, administrators can keep track of how many and what the user has submitted, and other users can explore that users submissions that may or may not be used in the main content areas.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Post edited by: johnnybiggles, at: 2010/02/08 20:00

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #124054 by boostman

14 years 2 months ago #124274 by johnnybiggles
Replied by johnnybiggles on topic Re:Link user submissions/posts to CB profile?
boostman wrote:

Is this what you are looking for?

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension-specific/community-builder-extensions/community-builder-authors/5403

Not really. It's a start but I need a way to put a link to an article in a tab on their profile. The CB user maay not write the article but may have contributed to it by submitting information.

1. Members submit info using a form page
2. After approval, gathering and formatting of the info, an article will be created by an author or administrator and published
3. At the end of the article somewhere, "Thanks, username", or, "Credit to: username1, username2" would appear and the "username" would actually be a link to that user's profile
4. In that user's profile (in a tab visible to other members) would be a link to the articles that they have been "thanked" for (using the article title and then listed in number order, date, etc.)

Please let me know if this exists or if there is anything else close to this. Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn