Does this provide a forum also

15 years 3 months ago #86898 by gffb
Does this provide a forum also was created by gffb
Hi all,

I came across this from the joomla website and have a couple of questions.

Does this community builder provide a forum function also.

If not does community builder work best with any particular forum.

If community builder does not have a forum what is its main purpose, for example why have a community if not a forum. I am not saying that this project is no good, just would like it explained in easy terms........LOLOL

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #86916 by 1k1
Replied by 1k1 on topic Re:Does this provide a forum also
CB is by now used for various purposes, even as an userarea/account system for the eCommerce Solution VirtueMart. You can use the forum software Fireboard without any big hassle in conjunction with CB. I installed FB some time ago and at this point of time the plugin for CB already. At this point of time I had no CB installed and when finally trying the 1.2RC4 the forum was automatically integrated with CB.

Useraccounts are linked, people can add each other to friends lists, can send PMs via additional PMS Systems like UddeIM and so on and so on and so on...

As you can see below here, the footer shows you that this forum is Joomlaboard 1.1.3, so you see it is possible to link several forums with CB.

It is great component and I hope the issues mentioned here with the 1.5.9 Joomla Version will be solved soon .

Thanks and much fun and success with CB1.2 stable!

Post edited by: 1k1, at: 2009/01/28 10:43

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn