Redirecting to User Profile after User Edit w/SEF

15 years 2 months ago #87084 by riko
I have SEF turned on. After a user edited their details, they were returned to the userlist page rather than their profile page. I traced through the code and found (administrator/.../comprofiler.class.php):

function cbRedirectToProfile( $uid, $message, $task = null ) {
$redirectURL = "index.php?option=com_comprofiler";
}

The $redirectURL string was missing "&task=userProfile". After I changed that, it worked fine.

$redirectURL = "index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile";

When a user cancels out of the Edit form, there's a similar problem which can be fixed by modifying the window.location() argument in comprofiler.html.php:

$('#cbbtncancel').click( function() {
window.location='...';

Just FYI.

Post edited by: riko, at: 2009/01/29 09:38

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #87116 by krileon
You don't need to modify anything. You just need a menu link going to CB. This link is mandatory and you're missing it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 2 months ago #87183 by riko
Thanks for responding! I have a menu link going to the user lists. I also have mod_cblogin displaying links to view profile and edit profile. I don't have a link to user profile created through joomla's menu system. Is that why? It would seem strange that such a link is required, no?

Post edited by: riko, at: 2009/01/29 20:45

15 years 2 months ago #87191 by nant
riko wrote:

Thanks for responding! I have a menu link going to the user lists. I also have mod_cblogin displaying links to view profile and edit profile. I don't have a link to user profile created through joomla's menu system. Is that why? It would seem strange that such a link is required, no?

Post edited by: riko, at: 2009/01/29 20:45

It is required.
It is mentioned in the readme file and free document.

15 years 2 months ago #87192 by riko
I see. I checked my menus and noticed there was in fact a User Profile menu, but it was disabled. I enabled it and assigned it to a class that had display:none set. Thanks.

Post edited by: riko, at: 2009/01/29 22:33

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn