1.2 Installation appeared to work But

15 years 3 months ago #87253 by jwhibdon
1.2 Installation appeared to work But was created by jwhibdon
I installed the 1.2 final and everything appeared to work fine. I followed the directions to the letter. I had no idea it did not work. But now a couple days later I go into to Community Builder and notice it says 1.2RC4 and 1.2 below in red. Can someone tell me what went wrong or how can I check to see if the flag is right or wrong.

John

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #87258 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:1.2 Installation appeared to work But
Perhaps you installed on a different copy instead of the one you believe to have been updated.

Try to perform an expert upgrade followed by running the tools then check to see if it's showing properly.

Or could just be a cache issue. Clear your Joomla, webhost (if supported), and browser cache; reload then see if it's right.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 3 months ago #87281 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:1.2 Installation appeared to work But
Check your write permissions too... an easy way is in Joomla back end... Help/System Info/Directory Permissions. If any are red, simply fix the directories and files in the list to 755/644 and follow krileon's advice with the expert install.
:)

Post edited by: Rapunzl, at: 2009/01/30 17:36

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 3 months ago #87336 by jwhibdon
Replied by jwhibdon on topic Re:1.2 Installation appeared to work But
I checked and permissions are all green I cleared my browser cache. Don't know how to do the other two. I guess I have to assume it never worked. My other two sites worked fine and I did the same thing to all three. Will it hurt anything to just try to install 1.2 again.

John

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn