What the Heck!?

15 years 3 months ago #87287 by checkmate40
What the Heck!? was created by checkmate40
I've spent over an hour now doing searches to find out if CB can send mass emails to user lists. There are a lot of posts asking the same thing and none have any answer!:angry:

Can you or can you not send out a mass email to users that have chosen to be apart of a custom group/party.

I'll buy the subscription to learn how to do it... Not asking how... Just can it be done?!?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #87291 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:What the Heck!?
Lucky I'm in a good mood, because I just got new software in the mail. :)

First, thank you for searching first, as many don't. :cheer:

Second, you'll likely get a faster response with a more applicable thread title. I just happen to take them in a certain order when I have the time. :lol:

Third, the answer to your question is a "no, but...".

You'll need an integrated subscription manager, but there are several to choose from that will integrate well with CB either with core plugins included in CB 1.2 or the 3PD plugins provided by the extension developer.

Joomla does have a mass mailer built in, but I don't believe it looks at groups or "parties" as you're suggesting. Check the Joomla Extensions directory link in my signature to find out which mail subscription extension integrates with CB and has the features you're looking for.

Post edited by: Rapunzl, at: 2009/01/30 18:09

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 3 months ago #87292 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:What the Heck!?
Custom group or party? For what? Groupjive? Turn on e-mail notifications or PM notifications then turn on uddeIM e-mail notifications.

Please clarify what you mean by groups/parties.

There's Usergroups, but the mass mailer already can do that, which is built into Joomla already.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 3 months ago #87300 by checkmate40
Replied by checkmate40 on topic Re:What the Heck!?
Rapunzl wrote:

Second, you'll likely get a faster response with a more applicable thread title. I just happen to take them in a certain order when I have the time. :lol:

You mean like this www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,87206/catid,77/ ignored topic and the others that are asking the same question without ever getting an answer? Sorry for being rude about it but at least I got somones attention.

Please clarify what you mean by groups/parties.

I am looking for a solution that will:

A: Allow new users to select from a list of custom "groups" or "usergroups" or whatever you want to call it to be apart of when they register.

Ex. Drop down menu: Blue team, green team, red team.

B: I can send a mass email to all members of the green team.

I'm pretty sure Rapunzl understood what I was saying and I'll look into integrated subscription managers. But any further information about getting this solution to would would be greatly appricated by more than just myself.

Would subscribing to the "documentation" help me work out this solution?

From other posts on joomla.org I believe that this solution will be provided in J! 1.6.0 but since theres no release date...

15 years 3 months ago #87302 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:What the Heck!?
That'd require creating an entirely new component similar to the massmailer, but it grabs the users based on their selection from the field.

Make a duplicate of the massmailer and modify it to your needs to be based off their field selection rather then usertype.

There also might be a component that already does this. Suggest checking joomla.org.

Also, none responds because it's nothing in relation to CB other then the field it self. You're asking for a mass mailer based on a users field selection. There isn't even a mass mailer period in CB. So this is a custom component and should be requested in the 3PD request boards for better results.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 3 months ago #87304 by checkmate40
Replied by checkmate40 on topic Re:What the Heck!?
krileon wrote:

Also, none responds because it's nothing in relation to CB other then the field it self.

Thats all I needed to know...

Since the documentation about what CB can do is $30 its kinda hard to figure that out without going to the forums...

And since as you say no one responds to that question in the forums your kind of stuck as far as figuring out what is in relation to CB.

Thank you... Just wish I hadn't spent half a day to find that answer.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds