Menu and tabs broken after updating to 1.2

15 years 3 months ago #87340 by oMikR0n
Menu and tabs on profile pages are broken when updated it from 1.2RC4 to 1.2 stable. I have php 4 and i cant update it to 5. Please help me

Post edited by: oMikR0n, at: 2009/01/31 02:08

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #87343 by wilk
I am having the exact same issue. Is this really due to php4?

I have another site that is php 5 that I am hesitant to update becuase of the errors I got updating the first site.

Everything appears to work ok, just anythign that was in a tabbed screen to include the admin is no just a long list.

Can anyone say for sure that this error is due to php versions, and not a faulty upgrade, or me screwing up a step?

If its just a php error I have another site I want to update.

15 years 3 months ago #87351 by iojivanalkel
Replied by iojivanalkel on topic Re:Menu and tabs broken after updating to 1.2
I am also having this issue. I can't really confirm whether its php-related, but I can tell you that I am also using php 4. I would love to know whether this is the problem; I am on a shared hosting plan and therefore cannot upgrade the php on my server, and if this is the problem i really won't have much of a choice other than to discontinue using CB and move to something like jfusion.

15 years 3 months ago #87358 by beat
php4 issue is confirmed.

php5 works fine.

php4 is end-of-life sine 08-08-08. See front-page links for announcements made 13-7-07 and 07-08-08 by php.net .

Your site is at risk with php4 (and MysQL < 4.1 too), as there are no security releases anymore.

As a matter of urgency you should change hoster and tell old hoster that it's because he offers 6-months end-of-life unmaintained obsolete and now dangerous software only. That's the only reasonable way forward.

---
That said:

We will be looking into the php4 issue, but as I need to setup a php4 debugging environment for that, and we are lacking php4 testers in the testteam (all upgraded to php5 for reason), so it's not going to happen overnight.

As this is open-source, anybody is free to troubleshoot (or pay someone to do it for him) and to contribute back the fix to the community :-)

CB 1.2 will be last release to support php4 and mySql 3.23-4.x anyway (once php 4 incompatibility is fixed). Joomla 1.6 will be PHP 5.2.3 and MySQL 5 minimum as well.

EDIT: fixed typo

Post edited by: beat, at: 2009/01/31 11:53

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 3 months ago #87474 by iojivanalkel
Replied by iojivanalkel on topic Re:Menu and tabs broken after updating to 1.2
Thank you very much for confirming this.
I worked with my hoster and got the php updated. As for community builder, it now looks fantastic. Thanks again.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn