Birthday date/datetime front end doesn't work??

15 years 3 months ago #87558 by ez2ask
I am using CB 1.2 stable and just installed days ago on Joomla 1.0.x. I am having the problem to save birthday data into database, could any one help? (There is no problem when I used CB 1.1.)

Problem description:
From front end, no matter what user's data entered on birthday field (either click the calendar or click from the drop down list), it always saved to database like this "0000-00-00". But if it edited from back end by admin and saved, there is no problem at all. Front end can not even update the birthday data either (if the birthday has already saved from back end).

Could any one help me to figure out what it is going on? Currently, I am under local testing, so I have no live web site that can take a look.

Thank you and really appreciate CB team.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #87731 by ez2ask
ez2ask wrote:

I am using CB 1.2 stable and just installed days ago on Joomla 1.0.x. I am having the problem to save birthday data into database, could any one help? (There is no problem when I used CB 1.1.)

Problem description:
From front end, no matter what user's data entered on birthday field (either click the calendar or click from the drop down list), it always saved to database like this "0000-00-00". But if it edited from back end by admin and saved, there is no problem at all. Front end can not even update the birthday data either (if the birthday has already saved from back end).

Could any one help me to figure out what it is going on? Currently, I am under local testing, so I have no live web site that can take a look.

Thank you and really appreciate CB team.

Any one help, please??? :dry:

15 years 3 months ago #87733 by krileon
Ensure you've done a complete upgrade (use expert install) then run all tools from backend.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 3 months ago #87758 by ez2ask
krileon wrote:

Ensure you've done a complete upgrade (use expert install) then run all tools from backend.

Um.....it's my bad! Actually, this is a fully new installation, not from 1.1 upgrade. In my previous post, I mentioned about CB 1.1, that's another site and I compared with both versions.

So I am having problem with CB 1.2 birthday field saving data from front end.

Thank you for replying and I still need help!

15 years 3 months ago #87823 by krileon
Make sure you're running PHP5 instead of PHP4.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 3 months ago #87831 by ez2ask
krileon wrote:

Make sure you're running PHP5 instead of PHP4.

My PHP version is 5.x locally.

Anything else that I need to check???

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.645 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn