formatting addresses

15 years 3 months ago #87569 by leblancs
formatting addresses was created by leblancs
Is it possible to display a series of fields together like the "Formatted Name" field? Specifically, I need to take all of the City, State, and Zip fields and display them on one line, with a comma after the City, as one would typically format an address, rather than showing them all on separate lines. Primarily, I want this to show up on search results, although Profile pages would be nice too. Is this possible?

Thanks!
-Matt

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #87571 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:formatting addresses
Yes! Search the net for regex tutorials. ;)

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 2 months ago #87594 by leblancs
Replied by leblancs on topic Re:formatting addresses
I know what regex is, but what would I do with it? Is there a custom field that I can enter regex values into, or do I need to alter the source code? If so, what file? Any help is appreciated!

-Matt

15 years 2 months ago #87598 by leblancs
Replied by leblancs on topic Re:formatting addresses
Actually, I found a much simpler way to "address" this. I created a Fields Delimiter field called Formatted Address, and entered the following into the Description: "[city], [state] [zipcode]". I added this to my user list, and it displays the three fields consecutively just as intended. Thanks!

-Matt

15 years 2 months ago #87606 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:formatting addresses
leblancs wrote:

Actually, I found a much simpler way to "address" this. I created a Fields Delimiter field called Formatted Address, and entered the following into the Description: "[city], [state] [zipcode]". I added this to my user list, and it displays the three fields consecutively just as intended. Thanks!

-Matt

Nice!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.271 seconds