Page Formatting for "Search Users"

15 years 3 months ago #87770 by ozace50
Page Formatting for "Search Users" was created by ozace50
I have set up a website page that shows a full list of all the members of my community in alphabetical order. At the top right, there is a "Search Users" text and link that gives me the parameters on which to search the list (for example, all those whose first name is "John").

1. Can I change that wording from "Search Users" to "Search List of Members"?

2. When I click on "Search Users", the list below it gets pushed down the screen to make way for the search parameter fields. I like that, except that it mixes the text of the list with the text in the bottom modules of the template and looks terrible. How can I fix that, apart from not showing that copyright message (and other text) at the bottom of that website page?

Don't get me wrong. I think that CB is a brilliant package. But I have only just started to use it, and I have these few questions.

Edit: Oh, and I am a subscriber, so if it is in the documentation, just point me to the right section.

Post edited by: ozace50, at: 2009/02/05 00:49

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #87774 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Page Formatting for
ozace50 wrote:

I have set up a website page that shows a full list of all the members of my community in alphabetical order. At the top right, there is a "Search Users" text and link that gives me the parameters on which to search the list (for example, all those whose first name is "John").

1. Can I change that wording from "Search Users" to "Search List of Members"?

This should be easy... probably in your default CB language file.

2. When I click on "Search Users", the list below it gets pushed down the screen to make way for the search parameter fields. I like that, except that it mixes the text of the list with the text in the bottom modules of the template and looks terrible. How can I fix that, apart from not showing that copyright message (and other text) at the bottom of that website page?

This sounds like a template issue. Try with the default template in Joomla and the default CB template. If it displays correctly, you'll want to ask your template developer for assistance.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 3 months ago #87778 by ozace50
Replied by ozace50 on topic Re:Page Formatting for
Thanks for that. What do you use to edit php files? I just tried using Notepad, and when I saved the change, it lost the formatting and jammed everything onto one very, very long line - and the site would not load - just got a blank screen. First time that has happened.:huh:

Edit: I installed Notepad++ and used that to edit the language file. Works fine now. Thanks again for your help.

Post edited by: ozace50, at: 2009/02/05 02:03

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn