Failed Login Redirect

15 years 3 weeks ago #93263 by shedmore
Failed Login Redirect was created by shedmore
I have a "login form" built into my template (on every page). When a user types in the wrong username or password...it gives you the "failed login prompt" (as expected)...it then forwards you to a page that JUST includes the login form.

In my case it looks sort of stupid to have a login form (within template) right above the content version of the login form (when there is a failed login).

How can I forward failed logins to the "forgot login page"

And, is there a way to prevent bots from attempting to login over and over (with brute force lists)?

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 weeks ago #93291 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Failed Login Redirect
This is joomlas natural process. You'll need a redirect joomla bot to fix this. You can find these at joomla.org.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 11 months ago #96970 by canadave
Replied by canadave on topic Re:Failed Login Redirect
Actually, I don't think it's so simple an answer. I have the "Redirect Failed Login" plugin enabled, and it's always worked fine for me in terms of redirecting a Joomla failed login to a custom article page I designed. But now that I've installed CB 1.2, I'm getting the same issue that the OP wrote about...is there any other way to hack the code or something to point at a static page, even? Since the CB login module is already visible all the time for most people's sites, it's pointless having a failed login display the login module in the component section too.

14 years 9 months ago #105927 by kingnuss
Replied by kingnuss on topic Re:Failed Login Redirect
sadly there is no bot out there that works with cb1.2 in the JED. anybody has a hack to redirect failed mod_cblogin? redirect to an article would be great so I can make my custom redirect page for failed login

14 years 2 months ago #124069 by timbo1966
Replied by timbo1966 on topic Re:Failed Login Redirect
Has anyone made any progress on this? I am suffering from the same problem. A failed login subsequently presents the original login form along with another login form in the content area. This looks terrible and sloppy. Would appreciate any suggestions.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds