resend confirmation

15 years 2 months ago #89349 by sdhiphop
resend confirmation was created by sdhiphop
Curious... Why hasn't the option to resend confirmation email been implemented into the core of CB?

You would think since the confirmations are in the DB and people need that functionality it would have been considered.

any ideas on how to resend? I searched the forums with no new updated method.

thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #89416 by hvus
Replied by hvus on topic Re:resend confirmation
I found a solution installing Member Care System..

The option look like this :

www.yoursite.com/index.php?option=com_mcs&task=resendEmail

The developer is Mohamed Abdelaziz.

I hope this could help you meanwhile the GURUS from Joomlapolis could include this basic feature into the CB_login module.

Thank you

15 years 2 months ago #90107 by createforme
Replied by createforme on topic Re:resend confirmation
:unsure: Has no one found a 1.5 native compatible solution yet? I've searched all over the forums, but there's just more questions, and not really any answers...the two components that were linked to for help are no longer available. My users are trying to take care of things on the site, but none of them can login because they are not receiving confirmation emails...

Again I echo, why hasn't this been dealt with yet. It's a great component, but this seems like a pretty basic task that many people need...:dry:

Create For Me: Website and Graphic Design
Where your ideas become reality...
www.createforme.net

15 years 2 months ago #90118 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:resend confirmation
It has been dealt with. The user only needs to attempt to login again and they'll receive a new confirmation e-mail. It even tells you this after you've registered and confirmation email is turned on.

E-mails also work just fine. There has been more then 100 tests to test all possible cases and scenarios. What needed to be fixed was fixed for 1.2. Please check your server configuration to ensure you've setup your e-mail configuration properly. Mail servers are almost a "no two alike" situation and there's no telling what it could be.

If your issue persists then please provide expansive details as to what is happening, what your configuration is, server info, joomla info, what components you have, modules, what joomla plugins are published, etc...

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.519 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn