Previewing Signatures

15 years 2 months ago #89885 by Seapyramid
Previewing Signatures was created by Seapyramid
I have done a search and not found anything. I am also not sure if I am posting this in the right area, if not please move it and let me know.

I am using the CB Profile Option for Fireboard including the CB Signatures. When you go to edit my profile the box is there on the tab to add/edit signature as well.

It would be greatly beneficial if a user could see their current signature on that same tab. Making an edit and then having to go to the forum (to one of the users posts) to see if the edited signature looks correct is really quite annoying. Especially if it's not correct and you have to repeat the process.

How can I alter the tab to show the current signature as well as the form/box to add edit the signature?

Thank you,
Sea

Post edited by: Seapyramid, at: 2009/02/25 21:08

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #90008 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Previewing Signatures
Seapyramid wrote:

I have done a search and not found anything. I am also not sure if I am posting this in the right area, if not please move it and let me know.

I am using the CB Profile Option for Fireboard including the CB Signatures. When you go to edit my profile the box is there on the tab to add/edit signature as well.

It would be greatly beneficial if a user could see their current signature on that same tab. Making an edit and then having to go to the forum (to one of the users posts) to see if the edited signature looks correct is really quite annoying. Especially if it's not correct and you have to repeat the process.

How can I alter the tab to show the current signature as well as the form/box to add edit the signature?

Thank you,
Sea

Post edited by: Seapyramid, at: 2009/02/25 21:08

Hmm.. create a delimiter field with the signature field as a substitute [FIELDNAME]. Then have this delimiter field not show on profile view. Put it inside the forum tab. It should then format their signature and display it everytime they update.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 2 months ago #90045 by Seapyramid
Replied by Seapyramid on topic Re:Previewing Signatures
I made the field.

Type: fields delimiter
Tab: Forum Settings
Name: cb_fbsignature
Title: Show Sig
Description/"i" field-tip: text or HTML:

The field & name show up in the right place under the add/edit signature box on the forum edit tab. I just can't figure out what to put in the description box to make the signature actually display.

Sea

15 years 2 months ago #90119 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Previewing Signatures
Seapyramid wrote:

I made the field.

Type: fields delimiter
Tab: Forum Settings
Name: cb_fbsignature
Title: Show Sig
Description/"i" field-tip: text or HTML:

The field & name show up in the right place under the add/edit signature box on the forum edit tab. I just can't figure out what to put in the description box to make the signature actually display.

Sea

You put it in this format:
[FIELDNAME]

So if your forum signatures field is named cb_sig; then you'd put:
[cb_sig]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 2 months ago #90122 by Seapyramid
Replied by Seapyramid on topic Re:Previewing Signatures
*hugs* Thank you so much!! it works like a charm!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn