Paid Subscription question

14 years 9 months ago #102024 by doraberindea
Paid Subscription question was created by doraberindea
I have a situation and I need to know if CBSubs can cover my requirements.

I've bought HotProperty component, and I need to restrict access on a paid basis to detailed view of properties.

I need that a registered user to be able to add a property, and then to be able to edit his own properties. He will be unable to view the details of other properties until pays for a subscription.

My concern is that HotProperty use the same page for view/edit/add property. The link for viewing details of a property is .../index.php?option=com_hotproperty&view=property&id=X (X is the id of property) and the link for editing a property is .../index.php?option=com_hotproperty&view=property&task=edit&id=X
So, edit link is located at view property.

Can CBSubs protect access only to detailed property view?

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #102053 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Paid Subscription question
With the link being built so similar I believe it would be very difficult to protect by URL. However there is a 30 day money back guarantee and is always worth the try.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/06/15 14:48

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 9 months ago #102056 by doraberindea
Replied by doraberindea on topic Re:Paid Subscription question
Thank you for your response.

So if I use URL Parts protection, with this value index.php?option=com_hotproperty&view=property
the access will be restricted to edit or add tasks too?

14 years 9 months ago #102183 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Paid Subscription question
doraberindea wrote:

Thank you for your response.

So if I use URL Parts protection, with this value index.php?option=com_hotproperty&view=property
the access will be restricted to edit or add tasks too?

Yes I believe it will.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.736 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn