Variable subscription costs / user decides amount

12 years 10 months ago #169754 by internet_thinking
Variable subscription costs / user decides amount was created by internet_thinking
Hi, can you tell me if CBSubs is capable of providing subscription plans for a variable cost... i.e. Annual subscription is $50, but if they wish to the users can make it $100 to be generous?
Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #169755 by beat

internet_thinking wrote: Hi, can you tell me if CBSubs is capable of providing subscription plans for a variable cost... i.e. Annual subscription is $50, but if they wish to the users can make it $100 to be generous?
Thanks

Short Answer:

- Yes, two ways explained below depending on if you are using only single payments or also auto-recurring ones.

Long Answer:

Solution for single payments:

For time-expiring users-subscriptions plans, the cost is fixed, But for donations the amount can be variable. So:

You can have 2 plans like we have it on the joomlapolis.com registration page or upgrade page: one for the plan and one for a donation. Both can be subscribed and paid same time.

And indeed it works quite well: sometimes people buy a membership and/or CBSubs and add a small donation to their buy!

To make answer complete: We don't implement auto-recurring subscriptions, so if you allow the user to subscribe to auto-recurring payments for his plan, that donation will only apply to the first payment.

It's a nice feature-request and somthing that we are planing in a future CBSubs release, but after upcoming CBSubs 1.3.

Solution for auto-recurringly generous payments:

However there is another possibility here to do this using the very powerful promotions as follows:

Create a CB field visible on registration e.g. cb_added_price, with a validation to make sure it is always positive and numeric, e.g. regexp:

[0-9]*\.?[0-9]+

Then create a promotion which always applies to your subscription plan and that adds that value negatively to the subscription amount and is applicable on both first and following payments using a substitution value to add the negative sign of the "discount" in front:

-[cb_added_price]

The promotion "discount" will then be shown separately of the subscription on the order and on the invoice. But it will be computing properly.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn