CB Subscription

6 years 8 months ago #296459 by Bronston
CB Subscription was created by Bronston
I've been testing the admin backend in your demo, of CB Subs, and I find it quite interesting, but... after an in-depth overview
I can't find a way to create a new subscription (not a plan nor a user, but a membership for a user assigning him/her a plan) from the backend.
I guess it's supposed to only being able to subscribe the subscribers themselves.
Am I right?
Because I don't see in the demo admin -side any button for a NEW subscription.
Which is a pity when you have to migrate or if you have to create brand new a list of subscribers in a promotion, or if, mainly in company subscriptions (where executives don't want to loose their time on these things, nor asisstants by the way) subscribers mail their data and expect everything to be done by website manager.
So my question is: Is CB Subs also good to create New Subscriptions from the backend?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago #296462 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Subscription
You can give a user a subscription from backend by editing the user within CB > User Management then under the Subscription tab select the plan you want to give them.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 8 months ago #296467 by Bronston
Replied by Bronston on topic CB Subscription
Thank you for your answer. I've checked it and it works.
But I was right, there's no way to do it from CB Subs component, but from Community Builder. Whose database is different from Joomla core, so there are two user lists with different features and backend menus.
I feel procedures are not so practical or convenient for normal administrative staff.
I don't discard to buy and use BD Subscription, but first I'll try to find wether there are other components with reasonable features which keep things simple for company users.
Thanks

6 years 8 months ago #296473 by beat
Replied by beat on topic CB Subscription
With Joomla 3.7 you can edit administration menus:

www.joomla.org/3/#more

There you can disable the menus for the Joomla User manager.

CB is using the Joomla user management, it just has an additional table for the user fields, as we never interfer with Joomla's database structure for obvious compatibility reasons. And that works really well, at large scales too.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn