Making CB look like an app

6 years 4 months ago #299464 by gingerweb
Making CB look like an app was created by gingerweb
My client wanted an App for communicating with clients and then i thought of CB which i have used before but a while ago now.

Requirements:
1. Log in facility for individual account
2. Facility for Admin to put on their account the areas of required development
4. Library of skill sets
5. Descriptive Feedback/comment facility so Admin can leave feedback and Client can comment on feedback
6. A reminder/prompt facility that sends a nudge every so often to do what they need to do

Would this all be possible with the standard pro package?
thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #299570 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Making CB look like an app

1. Log in facility for individual account

Part of standard free CB.

2. Facility for Admin to put on their account the areas of required development

Part of standard fee CB. I guess the areas of development would just be a field (e.g. multiselect or textarea maybe).

4. Library of skill sets

Part of standard fee CB. I guess the skill sets would just be a field (e.g. multicheckbox or textarea maybe).

5. Descriptive Feedback/comment facility so Admin can leave feedback and Client can comment on feedback

You'll need CB Activity or CB ProfileBook for this.

6. A reminder/prompt facility that sends a nudge every so often to do what they need to do

Not sure what you mean by this, but there's no notification scheduling in CB. I suppose you could try forcing it with CB Auto Actions maybe.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago #300048 by gingerweb
Replied by gingerweb on topic Making CB look like an app
Thanks for this comprehensive answer, I have made a start and things are looking good. I want to get through the first parts before i subscribe to make sure the component will do what i need it to so if i may trouble you with another question?

I have setup Fields with Tabs in the User profile for "skillset" and "Areas for development"

The Admin can add to these areas in the backend "Edit User" which is great, what i would like to be able to do is for the User to respond to "Areas for Development" without being able to remove what the Admin has written? So each time a new entry is written in the section by an Admin the User can respond to it. It needs to be really simple with no Editing tools like in the blog, just a blank box they can update - Is this possible please and how would i go about achieving it?

Hopefully that makes sense otherwise i have attached a screenshot that should also explain what i want to achieve.

Many thanks
Attachments:

6 years 3 months ago #300079 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Making CB look like an app

The Admin can add to these areas in the backend "Edit User" which is great, what i would like to be able to do is for the User to respond to "Areas for Development" without being able to remove what the Admin has written? So each time a new entry is written in the section by an Admin the User can respond to it. It needs to be really simple with no Editing tools like in the blog, just a blank box they can update - Is this possible please and how would i go about achieving it?

Sounds more like a commenting usecase and you'll need CB Activity for that as you could just use its Comment field for this. Alternative I suppose is CB ProfileBook. Beyond that there's no solution for that except for I guess 2 fields. 1 for admin and 1 for user.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago #300131 by gingerweb
Replied by gingerweb on topic Making CB look like an app
Ok great thank you very much i will start my subscription shortly!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn