Is there a simple listing of Community Builder features?

6 years 1 month ago #302690 by dagroupinc
I've looked on the CB website but cannot find a simple listing of the features of Community Builder—there certainly are long descriptions but they don't really go into much detail. Is there one published somewhere?

For instance:
• Can we csv Import member data?
• Can we csv Export member data?
• Can we mass email members?
• Can we control what fields are displayed in Search results?
• Any CRM Integrations?
• Can we create our own template/styling?
• Can the user search/filter by category, alphabetical, etc.?
• Does a keyword search search all fields in a member profile?

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago #302734 by krileon

I've looked on the CB website but cannot find a simple listing of the features of Community Builder—there certainly are long descriptions but they don't really go into much detail. Is there one published somewhere?

Core CB functionality can be found below.

www.joomlapolis.com/community-builder

We however have a significant amount of addons that can give all kinds of new functionality that you can check out below.

www.joomlapolis.com/addons

Easiest way to see what is available is to just start tinkering with our demo site below (feel free to change anything you have access to).

demo.cbdemosites.com/

• Can we csv Import member data?
• Can we csv Export member data?

With 3rd party plugin CB Juice, yes.

• Can we mass email members?

Yes, from CB > User Management.

• Can we control what fields are displayed in Search results?

Yes, from CB > Field Management.

• Any CRM Integrations?

No, but probably doable with CB Auto Actions.

• Can we create our own template/styling?

Yes, all our plugins are template driven as well as CB. However, CB is Bootstrap 3 and will soon be Bootstrap 4. So you could mass-style CB simply by using a Bootstrap driven Joomla template and turning CBs Bootstrap off in CB > Configuration > Integrations.

• Can the user search/filter by category, alphabetical, etc.?

There are no categories for profiles so unsure what you're referring to.

• Does a keyword search search all fields in a member profile?

If using Joomla search module and CB Search Bot, yes it'll search whatever fields you select it to search in the plugins parameters.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn