Can CB shoot mails to CRM system

5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #306967 by svenstrup
Can CB shoot mails to CRM system was created by svenstrup
Hi there, I consider Community Builder as our new registration/community software. Right now our users sign up and a mail is shot into our crm system with all nesesary data... This is crutial in our proces.

Can Community Builder do that?
Jørgen

[REMOVED]

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #306972 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Can CB shoot mails to CRM system
I've cleaned up your topic as you've no download history with us and no post history while providing a ton of keywords in your post. So feels kind of like spam. If it's not then I apologize and to answer your question you can use CB Auto Actions to send the email to your CRM after a user registers in CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 7 months ago #306978 by svenstrup
Replied by svenstrup on topic Can CB shoot mails to CRM system
Sorry about that - it is not spam - just trying to explain :-)
THANKS for your reply - that sounds promising...
:-)
Jørgen

5 years 7 months ago #306979 by svenstrup
Hi Krileon...
Based on your previous answer I now just need to find out if I can configure the sign up proces so it suits my needs...
I think it to be like this:

1. User like a training and sign up as participant with multiple fields. He also defines login and password in the process.
(one of the fields is training start dates, that can be changed by my staff every 6 month...So what is possible/best option:
To make one registerform with multible starting dates OR making one registerform for each starting date, and copy the whole form every time a new date is launched?

2. User recieves an automatic answer and google analytics register a conversion
3. Mail is shot into our CRM (using autoActions....COOL!!)
3. After we have had a conversation with user, we can give him acces to the community
4. In the community he has acces only to various information as first step
5. After the actually training starts, perhaps 2 month later, he also gets access to a forum with fellow participants.
6. After the training ends, he gets acess to a new area with info and downloadale items and option to upload papers only admin can see.

This is basically it - can joomlapolis do all that?
:-)
(VERY EXITING!!!)
Jørgen
(you can see present setup on empowermind.dk/certificeringer/coachuddannelse)

5 years 7 months ago #306982 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Can CB shoot mails to CRM system

1. User like a training and sign up as participant with multiple fields. He also defines login and password in the process.
(one of the fields is training start dates, that can be changed by my staff every 6 month...So what is possible/best option:
To make one registerform with multible starting dates OR making one registerform for each starting date, and copy the whole form every time a new date is launched?

There's only 1 registration form. You can use a date field to allow users to specify their start date or if the start dates are static you can just use a select field and let them select it from a dropdown. It sounds like a date field should be sufficient though.

2. User recieves an automatic answer and google analytics register a conversion

Not sure what you mean by automatic answer. If you mean an email regarding registration then yes CB already does this as part of its Pending and Welcome emails. As for Google Analytics you should be able to do that with CB Auto Actions acting on the after registration trigger.

3. After we have had a conversation with user, we can give him acces to the community

That seams like you'd just be using registration approval.

5. After the actually training starts, perhaps 2 month later, he also gets access to a forum with fellow participants.

This would be a bit more tricky. Best way to do that is probably limit access to the forums using Joomla usergroups and view access levels. You could then use CB Auto Actions to check against their registration date after every login to see if they've been registered for 2 months and if they have then give them your usergroup that gives access to your forums.

6. After the training ends, he gets acess to a new area with info and downloadale items and option to upload papers only admin can see.

It sounds like the training dates are a manual process for administrators so I'd recommend just using a usergroup here and giving them the usergroup when training date is adjusted.

Seams like what you're wanting is doable, but it's going to be complicated if you're completely new Joomla and/or CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 7 months ago #306983 by svenstrup
Thanks Krileon for fast and precise answears...Looks promising :-)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.294 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn