Auto Action use cases

4 years 10 months ago #312284 by ljalg
Replied by ljalg on topic Auto Action use cases
Kyle,

Thank you for the response, moving variables around did the trick. Now that action is working as needed I have moved onto the next challenge of setting up an action based on date in a field. The first step is to get an autoaction working without the date restriction which I am not able to do. I have attached 3 screen shots of my Global, Conditions and Parameters tabs hoping you can advise me on what I'm doing wrong. When I visit the URL in the Global tab with my browser the screen returns an empty page but nothing happens, I'm expecting to get an email since there is an account in the system with username "Louis"

Any additional guidance you can provide would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Louis

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago #312294 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Auto Action use cases
You'll have to run the Internal Users URL within CB Auto Actions > Parameters (and is also the URL you'd use for CRON). Note this will run every user on your site through the auto action. So you could hit memory limits if you've a lot of users without using the Batch parameters, which will require running the URL multiple times.

The URL under the Global tab will not work unless Triggers is set to None. You could set Triggers to None, remove the username condition, then login as a test user on frontend. Now you can use the URL to test if the auto action is working how you're expecting.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 10 months ago #312302 by ljalg
Kyle,

Thank you for your persistance, I now see the area you are referring to. The Parameters tab not in the Auto Action but in the plugin itself.

We have approx. 1050 users and growing at only about maybe 100/year. Is 3 batches of 500 a good number to prevent memory issues on a shared host? If so I would put a Batch Limit of 500 and the Current Batch will automatically be updated by the system so I should leave that alone? correct?

If I had 2 User actions, I would need to run the CRON 6 times to cover both actions or when each user is examined both actions are run on that user?

Thank you,

Louis

4 years 10 months ago #312308 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Auto Action use cases

We have approx. 1050 users and growing at only about maybe 100/year. Is 3 batches of 500 a good number to prevent memory issues on a shared host? If so I would put a Batch Limit of 500 and the Current Batch will automatically be updated by the system so I should leave that alone? correct?

Depends on what all you have installed and your servers hardware. 500 for 1 site is a lot while 500 for another is fine. Just something you'll have to try to see if your server can handle processing that many at once.

If I had 2 User actions, I would need to run the CRON 6 times to cover both actions or when each user is examined both actions are run on that user?

Both actions acting on Internal Users will be ran 1 after the other. So in your case with 500 users per patch and a total of 1050 you'll only need to run it 3 times.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 10 months ago #312369 by ljalg
Thank you for your patience and assistance with this. I think I'm all up and running with achieving our goals, at least in the home stretch.

Louis

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn