Membership Included in Sub-Domains

4 years 2 weeks ago #317087 by drs2biz
Membership Included in Sub-Domains was created by drs2biz
Is there someone who can explain how I can populate users into sub-domains when they register? For example, if someone wants to register in any of these areas:

subdomain1.example.com
subdomain2.example.com
subdomain3.example.com

... how can I populate membership for all 3 domains? What membership is required, alternatively, what extensions are available that can achieve this goal?

Thanks in anticipation...
~drs2biz~

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 2 weeks ago #317099 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Membership Included in Sub-Domains
No idea what you mean by populate them into sub domains. You have multiple CB installs across multiple domains and want to push their profile information to those additional domains? You want to be able to reach their profile across multiple domains? Please be more specific in regards to what you're wanting.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 2 weeks ago #317103 by drs2biz
Replied by drs2biz on topic Membership Included in Sub-Domains
Thanks for your response. If I install CB in all three of these domains, I want to have the user to be able to access each of them as if they have membership in each site. They will have the opportunity to treat these 3x domains as the 1x large site!

4 years 2 weeks ago #317116 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Membership Included in Sub-Domains
It's possible, but it's a bit complicated doing that. You'd have to use CB Auto Actions to push data across your multiple sites to keep the user tables in sync. You'd have to synchronize their Joomla users table and more (basically any table that involves the user replicating data 3 times over). It's likely easier to just point all 3 domains to the same Joomla install then use an extension to display a different Joomla template, menus, modules, etc.. based off the domain name. You can find multi-site extensions below on the JED.

extensions.joomla.org/tags/multiple-sites/

Tutorial below could also be of help.

docs.joomla.org/Multiple_Domains_and_Web_Sites_in_a_single_Joomla!_installation

We don't provide any multi-site functionality so CB Auto Actions would be the only thing that could help here if you choose to keep all 3 domains databases separate, but that will be a significant amount of work and if you're not experienced with SQL I don't recommend doing it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: drs2biz

4 years 2 weeks ago #317137 by drs2biz
Replied by drs2biz on topic Membership Included in Sub-Domains
Thanks for your response. It has saved me a lot of research time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn