Not sure what the costs are for what I need

3 years 2 months ago #322767 by posurreal
Hey there,

A client of mine is currently using the free version of Community Builder for their profiles, tied to ACL. It makes sense to migrate them to CB Paid Subscriptions if I can ensure all pieces fit together. Since it's a low-budget association with a low subscription rates for inclusion purposes (retired or low-income ppl can afford). I don't think they will go for paying over $400/year.

Either way, I need to present them with a budget, based on their current set-up and changes therein.

General Overview:
1) CB: Free version is currently tied to Joomla user groups and their profiles. It also hides those who have opted not to be seen in the member area. That is critical.
2) Redirect on Login: Routes users to a "dashboard" based on their user group (dashboard is menu item with modules under acl)
3) ACY Mailing: Newsletter (Version 5 with plan to upgrade eventually)
4) Joomdonation's Membership Pro: Payments/Renewals
5) Joomdonation's Event Booking Pro
6) Joomdonation's Donation Extension
7) OSsolution's EDocman

Our goal is to solve the challenges below and still integrate with other extensions.

Issues with Membership Pro:
  • I must use RSForms or Breezing Forms for the membership application. That's the only way I can distribute the data to both databases (CB and Membership Pro). Due to the way that dates are set up in CB, it doesn't work for that field type and requires manual entry. Note: The application is a multi-page form, to keep the user experience manageable.
  • It cannot handle members paying for multi-years. The bylaws state all renewals are set to January 1; but that would remove all payments made for future years. Also, renewal integrations with user groups is unreliable.
  • Some old users return to the site and fill out a new application under a different email address. I am not sure it's even possible to combine 2 users.
  • We have a lifetime membership that is free, for those who may have been a paid member before (ie. memorial area for those that passed away). But, we need to keep their payment history in the database (for admins) and viewable in their profile (public user group).

Thank you for your advice!
Mary

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #322775 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Not sure what the costs are for what I need

I don't think they will go for paying over $400/year.

CB Paid Subscriptions can be purchased individually for $199/year on our add-ons page below.

www.joomlapolis.com/addons

I must use RSForms or Breezing Forms for the membership application. That's the only way I can distribute the data to both databases (CB and Membership Pro). Due to the way that dates are set up in CB, it doesn't work for that field type and requires manual entry. Note: The application is a multi-page form, to keep the user experience manageable.

Non-issue for CB + CBSubs as they are integrated with one another completely. You won't need a separate form at all for subscriptions. If you need to pass data on to other extensions during CB registration you can do so using CB Auto Actions. Can do the same for passing CBSubs data to other extensions, but you can use the included CBSubs SQL Actions if it's just database queries.

It cannot handle members paying for multi-years. The bylaws state all renewals are set to January 1; but that would remove all payments made for future years. Also, renewal integrations with user groups is unreliable.

CBSubs has an extensive list of available subscription durations and supports renewing a subscription in advance if you want to have 1 year durations that simply renew automatically or manually. CBSubs does have a By Calendar Year subscription duration that lets you set the year start as January first and will properly calculate to year end. You should be able to review the available durations using our demo site below.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

Use the Login As Administrator button to check out the backend where plans are configured.

We have a lifetime membership that is free, for those who may have been a paid member before (ie. memorial area for those that passed away). But, we need to keep their payment history in the database (for admins) and viewable in their profile (public user group).

CBSubs supports free lifetime plans. If you configure CBSubs to create subscriptions for free lifetime plans then that will be visible on their profile. CBSubs provides full invoice history in addition to optional full payment history; you can use both or either/or.

It sounds like at this time all you'll need is CB Paid Subscriptions and depending on what data you need to send to other extensions potentially also CB Auto Actions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn