Emails for Plan Approval by moderator firing WRONG

14 years 11 months ago #101188 by beat
mmccormick,

I suggested the above as a quick *workaround* (you asked for quick help!) for the problem you are seeing. And tried to find and explain why our tests worked fine, and your setting didn't.

There might be a bug here that we were not aware of, and we will investigate it. First step will be to reproduce the wrong behavior you noticed here. It must be something very particular to your configuration, as CBSubs is popular and this is the first report of such a bug that we got.

Actually thinking of that, and your problem being unique, before investigating further, I would suggest you to do an upgrade of CB to 1.2.1 (even if you had 1.2.1), making sure it did overwrite all files, and do an uninstall and reinstall of CBSubs (uninstall CBSubs, reinstall CBsubs and integration plugins, uninstall/reinstall bot and module if installed) that will keep your config, except for module. Of course backup first as usual.

There might be a file which is not right in your installation, resulting in such results.

There are around 250 different workflows possible with CB+CBSubs, and we tested all major ones. If you add possibilities of achieving settings results by overrides, it's thousands of combinations. We tested over 200 different combinations of settings and workflows successfuly, and we re-tested now your case and still could not reproduce, so the re-install above is really first step.

Free plans work well here on joomlapolis and on many other CBSubs sites too. That's not an issue, but settings have to be right of course. E.g. you can have Email activation by default on free plan in CB and override to not require activation in case of paid plan. That works fine too.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #101189 by mmccormick
You suggest STARTING OVER (though I have current installs and would lose 2 weeks of work) but indicate in several places that CBSubs does not handle free plans? Does it or not?

Just be straight--I really don't have the time and money to waste. This is not a very unusual setup for plans (same plan as PAID but students get it for free, fee waived!).

14 years 11 months ago #101190 by beat
mmccormick wrote:

You suggest STARTING OVER (though I have current installs and would lose 2 weeks of work) but indicate in several places that CBSubs does not handle free plans? Does it or not?

Just be straight--I really don't have the time and money to waste. This is not a very unusual setup for plans (same plan as PAID but students get it for free, fee waived!).

mmccormick,

i'm not saying start over. Just suggesting to upgrade CB to 1.2.1 (fixes quite some bugs of CB 1.2 btw) and uninstall/reinstall CBSubs 1.0.1 using method said above, which won't loose your configuration. If that's not enough, also simply overwrite joomla too with full package and remove installation folder and restore configuration.php .

Upgrading CB and CBsubs is less than an hour, not 2 weeks. following README_UPGRADE.txt for CB 1.2.1 and the procedure said above for CBSubs won't loose your settings. As usual before any upgrade, backup first.

Upgrade CB first following README_UPGRADE.txt
To be ultra clear for CBSubs 1.0.1 re-install no-config-loss procedure:
1) uninstall CBSubs main plugin
2) install CBSubs main plugin
3) install CBSUbs integration plugins you had
If you had CBSubs module installed:
4) copy your settings for CBSubs module and uninstall, reinstall, paste back settings and publish
If you had CBpaidSubsbot:
5) uninstall, reinstall, publish

Another joomlapolitan, 3cellhosting, got another unique strange behavior on a site a few days back, troubleshooting many hours. Then he suspected that installation wasn't right, and uninstall/reinstall fixed the issue. Sometimes a file might not be right or changed in a server. Reinstalling makes sure to have files right, but if done right following instructions won't loose your settings.

Your setting has a real strange behavior, as paid and free plans work perfectly in many sites, and in our tests as well.

To be ultra-clear in replying to your question:

CBSubs do handle perfectly paid and free plans to the best of our knowledge, on many sites, see here www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7183/74/ for a small sample of sites . Your setting isn't exceptional, but your problem is definitely exceptional. So my only explanation is a corrupt installation, thus my suggestion.

Just trying to help you. Best Regards,

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 11 months ago #101212 by mmccormick
Well I'm going on 4 hours now. After CB upgrade, had to RE-set up mods/menus for all pages with user lists/logins/CB related items. And a few nice CBSubs css changes were lost, needed redoing.

Upgraded to CB 1.2.1 and reinstalled CBSubs 1.0.1. No change that I can see (except 1.2 changing to 1.2.1).

Figured as a workaround to disable Student Registration online and add them manually, however this reveals a new issue:

When I add New User in User Manager I cannot see any plans to assign them to under their new backend Subscriptions tab. Plans only show if I set "Allow upgrades to this plan" for every Plan (that setting doesn't work right because it then offers--on Front End-- the Student [Free] plan as upgrade to the Paid Plan. This should not occur since it is a cheaper [free] plan (price = $0) AND these plans are all exclusive and marked to not allow subs to other exclusives. Sheesh!

Can one create a user and assign plans to them in CB User Manager? I don't have to import them one at a time do I (with CB Subs Plugin Import)?

I have to have a solution tonight--completely out of time on this.

14 years 11 months ago #101428 by beat
As replied by email over week-end and in another thread:

Yes, in backend you need to create user first, then edit to assign plan. That works in CB 1.0.1.

We will look into this minor issue for a maintenance release.

14 years 11 months ago #101450 by krileon
To hide plans with lower price for upgrade capability. Set them to allow upgrade then set them to be exclusive. This should resolve your issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn