[SOLVED] Content access not working w/ approval

14 years 5 months ago #116385 by kathtg
I'm wondering if there is a problem with my subscription that I can't download it. After my original payment I had to reorder to place it on the correct account and I'm wondering if this confused things. Should I write and ask if this is the reason the download button doesn't appear or is there a way to check this myself?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #116395 by beat
kathtg wrote:

I'm wondering if there is a problem with my subscription that I can't download it. After my original payment I had to reorder to place it on the correct account and I'm wondering if this confused things. Should I write and ask if this is the reason the download button doesn't appear or is there a way to check this myself?

Just checked the accesses here, and you are right.

Due to the echeck+credit-card payment then echeck refund to speed things up, the downloads access didn't follow that change, so your cbsubs downloads access wasn't setup right.

I fixed that, and you should now have access. Sorry about that.

Replying also to your email of 20 minutes ago.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 5 months ago #116396 by kathtg
great thank you!

14 years 5 months ago #116408 by kathtg
I have the documentation now and the content is working. It was one setting after all day! thanks!

I do have two questions still though if you will:

1. When access is not allowed, the users are directed to the plan page for plans that allow this. I'd prefer they are just given the message on the screen they are on. is it possible to stop this redirect? Only certain users will be able to purchase the plan based on admin selection on the backend bringing us to my second question.

2. I need a plan that is not visible to the user until an admin says that he is eligible to do so.
Steps:
- the user registers for plan a
- the admin selects the user for plan b
- the user now has the choice to pay for plan b in the front end.
- the plan may also be free and automatic. I've found out how to do that one. Is the other possible?

14 years 5 months ago #116421 by beat
Ok, cool, sorry again for the inconvenience, that was caused by a small bug in the docman intgration in case of refundign one of multiple same subscriptions to a plan by a user that we will fix for next release too.

1. The redirect is needed to stop the access to the content and keeping correct urls in browser cache. However, you could change at least the text displayed in the language file. Future releases should allow more complex workflows and easier change of messages.

2. That's a good feature-request, which goes together with the workflows management mentioned above.

However you could implement as follows:
- make plan B not visible/spontaneously proposed
- simply email / PM link to plan B (the link found in top of plan edit in backend) to the selected users.

It won't handle access rights (e.g. avoiding sharing of the link with other unauthorized users), but if it's paid plan and you keep an eye on it, it shouldn't be an issue in most cases.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 5 months ago #116435 by kathtg
great thank you! and thank you for your fast response! No worries on the documentation, stuff like that happens. It wasn't a big deal and when I read it wow, it's wonderful that you all provide it!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn