Choosing sub-plan based on location?

13 years 6 months ago #144370 by dragonflyit
Choosing sub-plan based on location? was created by dragonflyit
Looking for some information on how I might accomplish a specific scenario for CBSubs:

1) User is presented with registration form and must choose one top-Level CBSubs plan only.

2) Automatically assign one child plan based on province/state in the form when submitted: i.e. One child plan per Canadian province; if they're from Ontario and choose the Top-Level 'Regular' plan the sub-plan would automatically be the 'Ontario' plan underneath it (Regular Member -> Ontario) without having to show all these plans (thus allowing them to select one that's inappropriate which we can't have).

3) After the initial plan they still need to be able to purchase additional sub-plans in different provinces if they decide, but the initial one has to be from their home province.

So my question is, how do I do this and where would I start? Will it require writing my own plug-in to CBSubs and if so where is the documentation for doing that?

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #144378 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Choosing sub-plan based on location?

So my question is, how do I do this and where would I start? Will it require writing my own plug-in to CBSubs and if so where is the documentation for doing that?

Conditional plans based on location isn't possible out of the box. What you'll need to do is create a plan for every province/state and set that plan to only display via URL. You could then create a Joomla article with a list of those provinces. Those provinces would be linked with the correct plan URL. The user simply would click their province and they'd be presented with the subscription/registration page with only that plan selected.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn