[#2290] how to limit display of special offers

13 years 2 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #153110 by philhfr
As before, this is not urgent as I’m still in an initial testing phase and weeks away from going live.

I’m trying to create a ‘special offer’ plan that can only be accessed by clicking on a hot-spot in an article (I’m using the ‘URL of plan to display only this plan’). This is a special offer targeted at visitors who are not existing subscribers, so when selecting the plan they will need to register at the same time. I do not want the offer to be shown to everyone when registering (only those who click on the hot-spot). The plan is not available as an upgrade.

The plan has parameters:
Presentation:
Parent plan: Top
Exclusive Plan: Exclusive
Hide Children plans if unselected: Yes

Workflows:
Selected by default: No
Allow registration: Yes
Propose spontaneously at registration: No: hide this plan … unless specifically included in URL

These settings display just the ‘special offer’ (with registration page) via the hot spot as required (but see note on child plan below), but also spontaneously proposes the plan for anyone registering through the normal registration process (which i do not want to happen).

If I change the Workflow: Allow registration parameter to No, then the plan disappears from both the ‘special offer’ registration and normal registration processes.

Is there a way I can only display the special offer when called up from the ‘hot spot’ (i.e. keeping it hidden from all other normal registrations)?

Also, I have a child plan for the special offer plan (which I display by adding the plan id to the end of the ‘URL of plan to display only this plan’). Is there a way of displaying this unselected? (At the moment it always comes up as selected in the ‘special offer’, even though I set the Workflow:Selected by default parameter to No).

Cheers
Phil

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #153191 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: how to limit display of special offers

Is there a way I can only display the special offer when called up from the ‘hot spot’ (i.e. keeping it hidden from all other normal registrations)?

Yes, how you've it configured should do just that. The registration form will of course display when clicking the "hot post" when not logged in. How you have it configured will also display the plan if the user is attempting to access a location that the plan protects. I recommend setting Propose spontaneously plan at registration: to No: hide this plan from registration and from access proposals, unless specifically included in URL.

Is there a way of displaying this unselected?

No, plan URLs automatically select the plans proposed in the URL.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #153206 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: how to limit display of special offers
Unfortunately was able to confirm this locally and on your site as a bug. The parameter Propose spontaneously plan at registration: is simply not working at all within CBSubs 1.1.2. I've added an immediate priority bug ticket to have addressed for next release (hopefully very soon).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn