Nested Child Plans for multi teired upgrade plan.

15 years 18 hours ago #97403 by beat
guidoterhorst wrote:

OK, got some further findings. The unsubscription is not showing for resubscription, because it has an allowed recurrence of 1 :):sick: ;)

Therefore, the problem remains the same, as well as the logic wg¡hich isn´t correct imho (there may be an other reason for this to be as it is, but then I would like to know):

1) First time registration: x plans available.
2) User selects plan, registers, and comes to the conclusion it is not the right plan for him.
3) User unsubscribes, thinking he will be in the position to choose again from X plans, one of them showing "resubcribe".
4) user is surprised by lack of choice, he can only resubscribe his not wanted plan.:sick: :evil: :pinch:

(the smileys are which I reckon the customer will send :);))

Nice smilees...

Well, you should not limit the reoccurings then maybe, and it would work as you would expect for that part with :) :) :) smiles...

P.s. Sorry for a little late reply, was focusing on 1.0.1 release for some time.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #97592 by guidoterhorst
Replied by guidoterhorst on topic Re:Nested Child Plans for multi teired upgrade pla
Don´t agree.
There is a thing not functioning as expected:

You cannot subscribe backend created users to plans avaiable only for registration.

Also, if you make a choice on registration, and you failed, you cannot get back end redo your choice. (see my explaination earlier.)

This is because there is something wrong with the concept of "only on registration".

The concept should be: "with no other plans active", so in essence the registered no access member.

Of course, previous expired plans could be there.

If the programming is done properly, which I assume and up till now can only confirm, all the other functionality is there to prevent these kind of cutomers to reuse plans intended for one time use.

So my suggestion for a future upgrade would be to change the plans visible for selection, based on "no plans active", other then "I´m registering right now".

Please let me know if you share this view, or need more information or discussion to get things clear. If you don´t agree, thats fine as well, since then we knwo Why you don´t agree.

Thanx a lot in advance.

14 years 11 months ago #97606 by beat

You cannot subscribe backend created users to plans avaiable only for registration.

Yup, that could sound almost as a bug... When creating a new user in backend, don't these plans be offered too:

"show at registration" AND "do NOT show for upgrade"

?

I see where you come from with the "no plans subscribed".

But "registration" is a special moment, and deserves its own selector too.

There are many different use-cases, and making something universal, while still easy to configure and well automated, isn't a small task. CBSubs is already immensely flexible, and that gives some (justified) hope that it could become truly universal.

We are planing for future release to implement more workflows. But that's not for next few releases.

In the mean time, we will be looking in some simple ways to give even more flexibility, but to avoid to get theoretical, it would be in reply to clearly explained use-cases examples.

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 11 months ago #97662 by guidoterhorst
Replied by guidoterhorst on topic Re:Nested Child Plans for multi teired upgrade pla
OK, understand your concerns about the special moment of registration. But in a pure workflow CBSUBS aproach, registration as such is not a special state within CBsubs itself.

That is why I tried to explain the difference in the concept "on registration" and "no plans".

However, there could be a desired fundamental difference between "no current plans" and "no plans ever". As far as I'm concerned, I cannot think of any usecase in which you would like to:
1 have the possibility to set the use number of a plan to 1
2 ànd have the possibility to check for no plans ever.

It would only make sense in a multiple plan setup where you want users to be inable to EVER change to another plan offered at first registration.

This is something you can never avoid anyway, because they will simply register under a new account, where theyhave the first time choice again.

So I stick to my analysis the check "on registration" should only be on the "absence of any current plans".:);)

14 years 11 months ago #97668 by beat
guidoterhorst wrote:

This is something you can never avoid anyway, because they will simply register under a new account, where theyhave the first time choice again.

So I stick to my analysis the check "on registration" should only be on the "absence of any current plans".:);)

Maybe in your case you can not avoid, but in some other cases, where the user built up history, karma and reputation, or has a membership number, or has closed registration, it makes sense.

We care a lot in backwards compatibility, specially for admins-setups, so we will not be changing signification of existing setups backwards into a different meaning. That's not negociable.

However I hear your use case, and we will most probably take it into account in settings extensions in future releases, but as part of workflows.

Regarding workflows, we are not just looking at CBSubs or CB, but on the workflows on a site basis, so unregistered and just registered are states, and CB registration is certainly a state transistion to take in account.

Shouldn't bother you, as it's a superset of CBSubs-only states. ;)

Post edited by: beat, at: 2009/05/05 15:10

14 years 11 months ago #97932 by guidoterhorst
Right, missed that one in my analysis. So, in order to be clear about the result of this discussion:

There is a "bug" in the sense that when creating a backend user, you cannot assign him to a plan when you have no plans available for "upgrade", and just for "registration".

This could be fixed by adding a plan option, different from "registration", allowing to assign a plan only when there are no other plans active, say "no other plans active".

This would also fix the scenario in wich a user is allowed to subscribe to a choice of plans only on subscription, and you want them to be able to choose another plan from that group after his first choice is expired or cancelled.

So this is as far as I'm concerned the direction for the bugfix as well as the scenario problem.

Thanx for infoming me when and if it's going to be fixed, also if there's going to be another solution:)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn