cannot enter license code

15 years 3 days ago #96047 by beat
alibroon wrote:

Memory limit is set to 40M

That's imho a misleading indication of 1&1.

Turn joomla debug on, and you will discover their real memory limit... :(

Related thread:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,95950/catid,94/

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 days ago #96048 by redhubcap
Replied by redhubcap on topic Re:one solution upgrade to higher php version
Exact same problem I had, I also tried the same things to fix it getting the same results.
I have asked the tech support and they really arent able to change the way the shared hosting is set up at 1and1
1and1 has great prices on thier shared servers for what you get but Im not sure if ioncube loader can work on thier shared hosting, they do offer an unshared package that would prob work

I also have server space with a company called startlogic, which I had to use instead of 1and1 shared because I needed to be able to run a php script that would allow large file upload sizes. Im wondering if anyone has gotten CB CBSubs to work on a startlogic server, they claim to be able to support joomla stuff so it might work okay.

Rewards to anyone who can get ioncube to work on a 1and1 shared server

15 years 3 days ago #96051 by beat
Budget hosting for paid membership sites... :whistle:

We looked around long time too, then did it ourselves... So we can recommend our high-availability high-security Joomlapolis hosting services which are runing Joomlapolis itself uninterrupted since almost a year, and optimized for Joomla, CB and CBSubs. Link for plans-list (EUR and USD) and instant access , servers in Europe and North-America.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 3 days ago #96052 by alibroon
Replied by alibroon on topic Re:one solution upgrade to higher php version
beat wrote:

alibroon wrote:

Memory limit is set to 40M

That's imho a misleading indication of 1&1.

Turn joomla debug on, and you will discover their real memory limit... :(

Related thread:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,95950/catid,94/

Interesting...and damn those shared hosting servers. But as you rightly pointed out perhaps a shared server is not the place for an ecommerce site anyways.
OK I am going to have to think about this and weigh up my options regarding another host. Maybe I'll end up at joomlapolis. We'll see.

14 years 11 months ago #98285 by alibroon
Replied by alibroon on topic Re:one solution upgrade to higher php version
Just thought I'd post a quick update on this.

Bottom line is 1and1 (or other shared hosting perhaps) just don't cut it when it comes to the demands that CBSubs requires.

I took your advice Beat and found an alternative host in the UK which deals exclusively with Joomla.

Migrated everything installed CBSubs and bingo everything works and installs flawlessly.:woohoo:

Great job guys you've made a rather awesome bit of kit here!

The lack of coupons was a disappointment but then I guess that's something for the future;)

Be seeing you....

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds