menu items not available J1.5.25 / CB1.8RC2

12 years 1 month ago #194758 by SESWEB
New installation of CB1.8RC2 on Joomla1.5.25
Running PHP 5.2.13 / mySQL 5.0.95 / Apache 2.2.15 / Linux
max_file_upload = 8MB
Mootools upgrade enabled

I followed the installation manual and README-NEW-INSTALL.txt line by line.
CB installs without any errors, but there is a problem with the following:

1. Add new public menu item (Step 8 in Readme file). I created the 'User Menu', but when I want to add a new menu item I can see 'community builder' under 'external link > community builder', but the menu doesn't expand and there is nothing to select from under 'community builder'.

2. When trying to create a new tab (components > Community Builder > Tab management> there is a problem with the 'save button' operation. I can create a new tab, but I can't save it. When clicking on the 'save button' nothing happens. I anticipate that this problem will also reflect elsewhere.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #194761 by nant
Please install CB 1.8 stable as it is newer than RC2 you installed and try again.

12 years 1 month ago #194765 by SESWEB
It woked and this is what I did:

1. I uninstalled the CB1.8RC2 component. I left the the CB modules as they were.
2. Did a manual installation (FTP upload). The problem was not resolved and I uninstalled the component again.
3. I did the installation via the Joomla! installer (admin) and the problem was solved.

It's working now.
CB1.8 runs like it should on Joomla! 1.5.25

Thank you.

12 years 1 month ago #194766 by nant

SESWEB wrote: It woked and this is what I did:

1. I uninstalled the CB1.8RC2 component. I left the the CB modules as they were.
2. Did a manual installation (FTP upload). The problem was not resolved and I uninstalled the component again.
3. I did the installation via the Joomla! installer (admin) and the problem was solved.

It's working now.
CB1.8 runs like it should on Joomla! 1.5.25

Thank you.

Great!

All you needed to do is install the component and modules right over your existing installation - all configurations will be kept. No need to bother with FTP upload.

Suggest you install over component and modules just to be safe.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn