Group Jive Questions

11 years 3 months ago #221013 by Joomrick1
Group Jive Questions was created by Joomrick1
Hi,

I was just wondering if there was manual for Group Jive?

With regards to CB, is there a way for users to cancel their membership from the frontend rather than having to delete them from the backend?
Maybe there is a function to hide the profile rather than delete them when the wish to close their account?

I notice when I do delete a user from the backend, it also deletes all the groups they created. I would really like to keep all groups created for future user discussions.

Also, when a user in Group Jive is on a Group Page they created, they have the option to delete their group. Is there a tab option to remove this "Delete Group" button so that this group remains for future users, rather than having to go into code to remove the button?

One last thing, when users type in the description in Group Jive for a category or group, is there a function under configuration to prevent the user from typing over a certain amount of characters. e.g. 250 character description.

Thanks for you help!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 3 months ago #221045 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Group Jive Questions

I was just wondering if there was manual for Group Jive?

Just the installation guide included with GJ.

With regards to CB, is there a way for users to cancel their membership from the frontend rather than having to delete them from the backend?

We don't provide anything to do this, but there's a plugin called CB Delete Me that does this. There maybe others available as well. It can also be done with CB Auto Actions in a Code action and a checkbox field; you'd check that the checkbox was checked then use CB API in a Code action with PHP to delete the user.

Maybe there is a function to hide the profile rather than delete them when the wish to close their account?

Don't know if there is a plugin for this, but you could do the same as described above and instead of delete them set their block status to 1 to block their account.

I notice when I do delete a user from the backend, it also deletes all the groups they created. I would really like to keep all groups created for future user discussions.

There's no feature to disable this. If you intend on deleting users often then do not allow them to own groups or change the ownership before you delete them. A Category or Group can not function properly without its owner. You can delete this code within plugin.cbgroupjive.php if you still don't want content removed when user is deleted from CB.

Also, when a user in Group Jive is on a Group Page they created, they have the option to delete their group. Is there a tab option to remove this "Delete Group" button so that this group remains for future users, rather than having to go into code to remove the button?

Nope, you'd need to edit the code to remove the delete link. A owner has the right to delete his own group. I suggest you just not allow users to own groups if you don't want them to have such permissions.

One last thing, when users type in the description in Group Jive for a category or group, is there a function under configuration to prevent the user from typing over a certain amount of characters. e.g. 250 character description.

Yes, GJ > Config > Categories > Description > Input Limit and GJ > Config > Groups > Description > Input Limit.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joomrick1

11 years 3 months ago #221165 by Joomrick1
Replied by Joomrick1 on topic Group Jive Questions
Thanks Kyle,

Just regarding your response to the last question regarding input limit to category and group descriptions, maybe I am just looking in the wrong spot, or just going blind, but I can't seem to locate the "Description" and "Input Limit" tabs found under GJ > Config > Groups > that you mention.

GJ > Config > Groups > Description > Input Limit. ...??

Is this still correct, or maybe it is not the Configuration menu?

Thanks again for your help.

11 years 3 months ago #221184 by krileon
Yes the path is correct. Config and Configuration are the same, it's just shorthand. Please ensure you're using GJ 2.7 though as it wasn't introduced until then.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 3 months ago #221244 by Joomrick1
Replied by Joomrick1 on topic Group Jive Questions
Ah ok. Yes, I was working on an older GJ version, but it is what I had installed from the current CB-quickstart-pro_1.5.zip not that long ago. It has Group Jive GJ 2.6
Yes all works good now!

All zips upload ok except for (bot_gjsearch_270_j25.zip) and (mod_cbgroupjive_270_j25.zip). (Upload errors occur).
I am using Joomla 3, but your guide says it is ok for both J2.5 and 3. Are these two zips important or can I go without?

How often do updates usually occur on Group Jive? Are all CB updates usually broadcast by email?

Thanks again for you help!

11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #221265 by krileon
Both of those are Joomla extensions. Ensure you're installing through Joomlas extension installer. They are not important to GJs functionality. They provide a GJ module and GJ search plugin for searching Groups with Joomla search.

How often do updates usually occur on Group Jive?

Not as often as incubator projects, but often as needed.

Are all CB updates usually broadcast by email?

Most of them are, yes.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joomrick1

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.178 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn