[SOLVED] Can't get Activites and Ajax Text field using Auto Actions working properly.

11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #221622 by mattyj714
I have a Ajax text field that is used for a status update. It is working fine if I edit from the edit profile screen but not when edited on the users profile. I have other drop down fields using the core ajax plugin that work fine when editing from the profile.

So heres the details
All latest CB, CB GJ, CB Subs on joomla 2.5.9. All updated on 21/02.

Ajax Field Details
name: cb_evostatus
settings: public, viewable on profile in a public tab. Using the show edit icon on hover, with the web 2.0 style bubble with nothing below the tail.

Auto Action Details
using onAfterUserUpdate works when the field is changed via the edit page but NOT when edited on the profiles, how ever it works fine for single dropdown when edited from edit screen or profile frontend.
have tried many things including: onBeforeViewProfile which worked but resulted in doubles each time the profile was loaded even though it was conditional.

thanks for any help and i know its something im doing wrong, i worked through all the other activities I added ok but this one has me stumped.

Screen Shot of Current Auto Action Setup.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #221643 by krileon
Is the ajax text field made ajax using Core Fields Ajax? As it fires the after profile update triggers properly. I don't think the Ajax Text Fieldtype plugin does though. Try making it ajax using Core Fields Ajax instead (which explains why dropdown would work if this is case).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 2 months ago #221674 by mattyj714
Ok that works fine, is there any way to style that text field to look like the web 2.0 bubble? Just the blue area with the tail i don't need the user avatar.

Next question is... I have made a few plugins, say for example I have a button that linked to google on a users page in a custom plugin. How would I go about using auto actions to display "Username just visited Joomlapolis.com!" in the activity stream? Or do I need to add something to the buttons code?

Once again thanks so much for your help and sorry for all the very noob questions, I'm reading through all the documentation a 2nd time after printing and binding it so hopefully ill learn more the 2nd time around.

11 years 2 months ago #221690 by krileon

is there any way to style that text field to look like the web 2.0 bubble? Just the blue area with the tail i don't need the user avatar.

You'll need to use your own custom CSS to style it however you like. Right click and inspect with Chrome or Firebug for Firefox to find the fields classes/IDs to use in CSS.

Next question is... I have made a few plugins, say for example I have a button that linked to google on a users page in a custom plugin. How would I go about using auto actions to display "Username just visited Joomlapolis.com!" in the activity stream? Or do I need to add something to the buttons code?

CB Auto Actions only acts on CB triggers, so if you didn't create and fire a CB trigger before sending them to the URL then it can't help you here. Alternative is to use CB Activity API or direct database query to insert new activity before sending them to the URL.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 2 months ago #221796 by mattyj714
Once again thanks heaps for your help. This thread can be closed. :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn