Registration logic for pre-loading a test site before Go Live

10 years 7 months ago #233915 by mike5151
Hello

Please check my logic here.

I have a usecase where the client has an existing site with an existing membership list - not in Joomla / CB Subs.

What I want to do is to pre-load our test site for their new website with all members and the members permissions for different working groups but not contact the members until the new launch.

In CB config I have set CB to auto-generate a random password but switched the 'Require Email Configuration' field to No, so that no registration emails will be sent to the members from the test site

I assume that when we are ready to Go Live I will be able to send a suitable Email, welcoming the members to the new site and inviting them to use their new login details to interact with the new site.

I also assume that the Language constants ...

[NAME] - Name of the User
[USERNAME] - Username of the User
[DETAILS] - Account Details of the User such as Email Address and Username
[PASSWORD] - Password chosen by the User (only at the first email sent upon pressing "Register")
[CONFIRM] - Inserts confirmation link if the confirmation functionality is enabled

... will work in the 'Mailer'.

Is [PASSWORD] valid for the password that is generated by the system or is that contained is [DETAILS]?

In fact, thinking about how the mailing will take place - would it be possible to use AcyMailing to advise the members of their new usernames and passwords?

Sorry for the long request!

Kind regards

Mike

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #233925 by krileon
You can not send a password after it has been encrypted. This includes generated passwords. So if you want to send them a plaintext password later down the road then you should give each user a unique password that you've saved somewhere so you can manually add it to the email. The below tutorial details how to store the plaintext password temporarily using CB Auto Actions so you can substitute it into your email (send by CB > User Management > Mass Mailer?) then delete them after you're done.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 7 months ago #233955 by mike5151
Thanks Kyle - that's helpful - link is broken though can you resend?

Many thanks

Mike

10 years 7 months ago #233966 by krileon
Sorry, was taken down as it was considered a security issue keeping passwords cleartext like that. We'll contact you privately on how to do this. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn