CB questions

10 years 7 months ago #234399 by Joomrick1
CB questions was created by Joomrick1
Hi Joomlapolis,

I just have some CB questions.

1. The disable profile function.
I find the Disable profile a great feature (privacy_disable_me). When a user disables their profile, they are given a text box to submit the reason for leaving.
Where does the administrator find this message once submitted?

I also noticed that no email is sent to the user confirming they have just disabled their account. Is there currently a simple way the user can re-enable that same account if they wish to in future? For example, if the user did try to use the site again with the same email address, they are not allowed to do so until the old account has been fully deleted.

2. There is a link on each users profile for members to report other users for website misuse. The user also has the ability to type in a comment regarding the misuse.
Once a user sends this, the administrator receives a brief email as below.

"A user has submitted a report regarding a user that requires your review. Please log in and take the appropriate action. - NOTE: This email was automatically generated"

Is there any way the administrator can find out
A. Which user sent the report?
B. Who is the member being reported? and
C. Where does the actual complaint comment go?

3. Regarding Group Jive Image Upload - Is there currently a way to limit what a user can type in characters as a text comment when they upload a photo? - (text limiter function).

Thanks very much for your help!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 7 months ago #234410 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB questions

1. The disable profile function.
I find the Disable profile a great feature (privacy_disable_me). When a user disables their profile, they are given a text box to submit the reason for leaving.
Where does the administrator find this message once submitted?

CB > Plugin Management > CB Privacy > Closed

I also noticed that no email is sent to the user confirming they have just disabled their account.

It doesn't send them an email.

Is there currently a simple way the user can re-enable that same account if they wish to in future?

No, they would need to contact a administrator to have their account re-enabled.

Is there any way the administrator can find out
A. Which user sent the report?
B. Who is the member being reported? and
C. Where does the actual complaint comment go?

You need to use the CB Workflows module. It'll provide a link to a user reports page with these details.

3. Regarding Group Jive Image Upload - Is there currently a way to limit what a user can type in characters as a text comment when they upload a photo? - (text limiter function).

No.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joomrick1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds