[SOLVED] Administrator can only see users in his group

10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #238686 by erichf
Joomla 2.5.16. CB 1.9.

There are several categories of user accounts on the system. In addition to Super Users, there are "Super Users No Finance". This second category is supposed to be able to do anything on the system except access the CB Subs area of the site.

When I log in under a "Super Users No Finance" account and go to CB User Manager, the only users I see are the users of the same group. However, if I go to the Joomla User Manager, I can see and edit all users as expected.

What's going on? What settings do I have to modify so that a Super User No Finance can see and edit all users (except Super Users obviously)?

Thanks

Erich

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 4 months ago #238698 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Administrator can only see users in his group
CB uses parent child relationships. If you created your new usergroup under the Public usergroup then it has no relationship with any of the other usergroups nor does it have any inherit permissions. I suggest adding it as a child of Registered and it should behave as expected. You maybe able to make it a child of Super Users, but I'm not sure if that'll work right or not.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 4 months ago #238709 by erichf
I made the group a child of registered so that I can now see all the registered users, but when I try to change one of the user's contact info, I get the error:

Unauthorized attempt to change higher groups of an user than allowed !

If I go to the Joomla User manager, I can edit that users settings there.

I go to CB User Manager and click Options and select the Permissions tab. When I expand out the Super User No Finance group it shows Allowed for all settings.

10 years 4 months ago #238719 by krileon
Try adding it as a child of Moderator or Super Users.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 4 months ago #238721 by erichf
If I make it a child of SuperUser then it inherits all SuperUser Privileges including CBSubs which they are not supposed to have access to.

I went to CB Paid Subscriptions: General plugin settings and set the permissions for that group to Denied but those accounts can still access the settings.

If I make them a child of Publisher which is the next highest level, then they can't see any of Community Builder.

10 years 4 months ago #238724 by krileon
Move it to a child of Moderator and it should be fine. Being a child of Register should've also worked unless there's some sort of permission issue somewhere. Try creating a new usergroup as a child of Registered then give it permissions within CB > User Management > Options to edit users and see if that works. Also ensure the user is a CB Moderator and that should allow them to behave fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.466 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn