[SOLVED] Finished migrating to new versions of Joomla 3.1.5, CB 1.9.1 & CB Subs 3.0.0 but I can't get

10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #241276 by IAAF
registration to work. You can enter all registration form fields, but receive error when the 'registration' button is clicked. It appears that none of the comprofile fields are being saved other than the IDs. So while the full name was saved in the user table, the individual first name, middle and last were not saved in the comprofiler table along with other fields. I tried the sync tool and that brought the individual names into the comprofiler table but not any of the other fields entered in the registration form. This is a high school alumni site.

What is the best way to resolve this? I tried mapping the comprofiler fields to the custom fields I created in the backend but there are fields in the comprofiler table that appear to come from multiple places, including the user table (once it is synced). I'm not sure how to approach to resolve. Not sure why none of the comprofile specific fields are not being saved unless I have a data mismatch somewhere that occurred in the migration or when I had to add the custom fields back into the back end even though they were migrated in the tables.

Could this possible be a Search Engine Friendly URLs issue since I turned this on when I set up the new site. It was always 'off' before.

www.BlairAlumni.org
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 2 months ago #241294 by krileon
We can't really help you with migration issues. Any number of problems can happen. It also highly depends on what migration extension you used, etc..

When you migrate from J1.5 to J3.2 for example literally all of your Usergroups and View Access Levels will no longer match. This means you must edit everything in CB and correct all Usergroup and View Access Level usages. If you have not done this then it could be the cause of your problem.

Does this same issue happen when you attempt to register a user through backend CB > User Management? Please enable debug mode and maximum error reporting then re-test and see if the error exposes any further information as it's not saying what's wrong with the query (it looks ok to me as well).

Please one issue at a time. Once we've resolved the registration problem we can discuss your CBSubs issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #241304 by IAAF
Thank you so much. I did not use a migration tool. After upgrading the old site, I just copied the comprofiler table to the new site. Are there changes I should have made to make this copied table work with the different database? I had exported all the other data from the old tables and inserted them into the new tables, but for some reason I was not able to do that with the comprofiler table. Was probably a stupid move but I did not know how else to resolve.

I was also unable to add a new user via the backend.

here are a few of the debug messages.

10 years 2 months ago #241306 by krileon
You can't export and import directly. As stated in my previous reply none of your Usergroups and View Access Levels will match up. In addition to that _comprofiler is linked to _users and if you only copied _comprofiler then your users only exist in CB and not Joomla and _users won't have the correct auto increment value. To migrate users you should use something like CB Juice. You need to go through all of your CB backend (tabs, fields, plugins, lists, etc..) and ensure all your Usergroups and View Access Levels are re-saved with Joomla 3.x supported values. There is no easy solution to all of this; it just takes a ton of time going through everything manually.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 2 months ago #241316 by IAAF
Could you possibly show me a specific example of what I have to manually fix? i.e., table and columns I would have to change? Are you referring to the viewlevels table and making sure that these ids match up to this foreign key in other tables which would be? which tables? and/or matching the ids in the cbsubs_plans to this key in the comprofiler table? I'm just not sure what you are referring to.

I don't mind the time it takes as I just need to fix it or would it be better just to start over and do another migration? I will check out CB Juice. How much do you charge to migrate a joomla 1.5 site to include the CB and CB Subs? There are about 3000 users with lots of CB subs data.

I used a migration tool to move all the joomla tables and then exported and imported the CB and CB subs tables - with the exception of the Blair comprofiler table which I ended up copying to the new site. Databases for both old and new sites accessbile via cpanel so just used the operations action in phpMyadmin to copy structure and data (thought wow - that was a lot easier and faster :-(.

10 years 2 months ago #241319 by krileon

Could you possibly show me a specific example of what I have to manually fix?

You need to go through your entire CB installation. None of the Usergroup and View Access Level parameters will match up. For View Access Levels they will all be 1 less than what Joomla expects. J1.5 View Access Levels were 0, 1, 2 and J3.x View Access Levels are 1, 2, 3. This means if you set something to Public it'd be 0 and in J3.x that doesn't exist so the view access level check will fail. If you set something in CB to 2 then that'd be Special in J1.5, but in J3.x it's Registered so you have a major access issue now. The only exception to this is Plugin Management which forces J1.5 usage (for now). For usergroups it just flat out won't match at all as the IDs are completely different.

I don't mind the time it takes as I just need to fix it or would it be better just to start over and do another migration?

That's entirely up to you. Migration is not a simple task. Moving users can be made relatively trivial using CB Juice, but that doesn't migrate your plugins, tabs, etc.. Using a Joomla migration extension can migrate other Joomla tables, but it doesn't know what to do with individual database columns in CB. Starting over then importing your users is also a good option to have a fresh install.

How much do you charge to migrate a joomla 1.5 site to include the CB and CB Subs?

We don't offer migration assistance. The time it takes to do a migration is just not economical and there are too many variables involved that could affect time/cost significantly. The creators of jUpgrade offer a paid migration service, but I've no idea if they can help with CB migration.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn