[SOLVED] CB_Age

10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 1 month ago #242114 by romolo
[SOLVED] CB_Age was created by romolo
We want the age field on registration to display as follows:

Minimum year available to select: 1996
Maximum year available to select: 1900

I can get the minimum year field to be 1996, however I cannot get the maximum year field to 1900...

Our current settings in the backend of CB Age Field are as follows:

Minimum year shown: -18
Maximum year shown: +114

The minimum year is correct in that I can only select 1996... HOWEVER the maximum year is wrong, I can select up to 2129 which is not what we want. We want this to be 1900.

Can you point me in the right direction to achieve this please?

Thanks

Tom

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 2 months ago #242115 by romolo
Replied by romolo on topic CB_Age
AH... It's OK I have just resolved this...

Although, that does bring me to another question...
Can we alter the order of the year field?

For example, it currently appears 1900 going down to 1997.
Is there a way we can alter this to make it 1997 going down to 1900?

T

10 years 1 month ago #242124 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB_Age

Can we alter the order of the year field?

No, it always shows lowest to highest.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: romolo

10 years 1 month ago #242219 by romolo
I have this working now.

But for an age range of 18 to 90... it is a VERY long list when using CB Search for users.

Is there a way I can reduce this down to say.

18-35
36-45
46-55
56-65

etc....

Then the list would be smaller as I have a FROM Age and a TO Age now and they are very long.

Many thanks

R

10 years 1 month ago #242225 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB_Age
No, you can't reduce that down unless you reduce age range the field allows.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 1 month ago #242234 by romolo
So you mean I would NOT take a datefields and use it as date of birth, but I would have a range field as TEXT and then do an exact match?

But then this would not increase in 1 years time if someone then went from 1st bracket of ages to next. Correct?

Or have I misunderstood.

Many thanks

R

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds