Cbsubs, Assign Alphauserpoints to referral on purchase

10 years 1 month ago #243947 by HowardTheDuck
Hello!
I understand this is not an AlphauserPoints forum but maybe someone can help me on this.

I am a little bit confused on how I should write a rule to assign points to the referral (speaking then about the AUP referral system) when a user buy something (Cbsubs sbuscriptions/merchandise) on the site.

I am correctly assigning points when a user buy an item on the site (assigning points to the buyer) but I need to assign points to the referral too.

But I want the points assigned to the referral only when an item is bought not for a free signup (I am using CB and CBsubs to sell subscriptions/merchandise - I have a free registration while all other items are on payment).

Can you please help and point me in the right direction?

Thank you!
Cristiano

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 1 month ago #243956 by krileon
You'll probably need to use CB Auto Actions acting on the below trigger using a Code action with Method set to PHP. Then use AUP API to best perform whatever API calls maybe needed by AUP. There's really nothing further I can suggest as I am not familiar enough with AUPs code to know what it or you will need.

Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditional 1: [var3] Equal To PLAN_ID_HERE
Conditional 2: [var2] Equal To A

What action you use with the above is entirely up to you. Once you supply a plan id it'll perform that action when a users subscription to that plan becomes active.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 1 month ago #243960 by HowardTheDuck
Replied by HowardTheDuck on topic Cbsubs, Assign Alphauserpoints to referral on purchase
Hi Kyle,
thank you for the hints. I will try investigating better with AUP api's.

Regarding a possible similar scenario with iDevAffiliate or the other package for which there are integrations with CBsubs do you have any suggestion?

My intent was to use such kind of packages to give a commission to Referrals when users do register to the site and buy any products.

Thanks again
Cristiano

10 years 1 month ago #243962 by krileon
iDevAffiliate and PostAffiliatePro integrations are automated. Once you provide the needed information it'll handle the commissions based off affiliation links (these set an affiliate cookie that CBSubs will pick up) when a purchase is made.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 1 month ago #243966 by HowardTheDuck
Replied by HowardTheDuck on topic Cbsubs, Assign Alphauserpoints to referral on purchase
Hi Kyle,
that sounds great.

So once I have configured iDevAffiliate properly and supply the url of my installation to Cbsubs, everything goes on its own, right?

Thank you again in advance
Cristiano

10 years 1 month ago #243967 by krileon
Yes, your users should then have affiliate links which when clicked will set them as the affiliate to receive commissions if the user clicking the link makes a purchase.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.517 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn