I don't need to work with VAT numbers - how do I remove the field

9 years 3 months ago #257875 by szoloroz
Hi,

The site I am working on is going to service the Australian market, hence I don't need anything VAT. How can I remove the "VAT Number" field in the "CB fields for first invoicing address of customer" in the back end and in the registration (the second step) in the front end?
Also, there is no "Confirm Order" or "Subscribe" button to step forward at this step. What did I do wrong?

Thank you in advance,
Babi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #257899 by krileon

The site I am working on is going to service the Australian market, hence I don't need anything VAT. How can I remove the "VAT Number" field in the "CB fields for first invoicing address of customer" in the back end and in the registration (the second step) in the front end?

Only way to remove it is to hide it with CSS or by editing the invoice XML, which is what generates the HTML output. To hide it with CSS you'd use the following.

#cbfr_vat_number {
    display: none;
}

To edit the XML you'd need to do the following.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/xml/edit.front.invoice.xml

In that file if you scroll to the bottom you'll see the showinvoicingaddress view. There you'll find and <if XML tag that checks the value of payer_business_name. You'd need to remove that chunk.

Note both methods just remove its display. If it's needed PHP side it'll fail validation.

Also, there is no "Confirm Order" or "Subscribe" button to step forward at this step. What did I do wrong?

There is no such button in the invoice edit display. You need to click Save, which takes you back to your basket. In your basket is where you select your payment method by clicking the payment methods button. If you don't have any payment gateways configured or accessible to the user you won't see any payment methods though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 3 months ago #257934 by szoloroz
Thank you very much for your reply Kyle.
I have removed the VAT-related chunk in the xml file, that worked.

Regarding the button... no, I don't have a payment method configured, yet (and I suspected that this could be the problem), but there is no save button, either. Only "Cancel payment and subscription". I've attached the screenshot.
The user gets registered and they appear in the Baskets area - which is logical.

So, if I configure a payment (the dummy), I'll be able to properly test the registration, right?!
This is my first CB Subs site - learning. I appreciate your help.

Thank you,
Babi
Attachments:

9 years 3 months ago #257941 by beat

szoloroz wrote: Thank you very much for your reply Kyle.
I have removed the VAT-related chunk in the xml file, that worked.

Regarding the button... no, I don't have a payment method configured, yet (and I suspected that this could be the problem), but there is no save button, either. Only "Cancel payment and subscription". I've attached the screenshot.
The user gets registered and they appear in the Baskets area - which is logical.

So, if I configure a payment (the dummy), I'll be able to properly test the registration, right?!
This is my first CB Subs site - learning. I appreciate your help.

Thank you,
Babi

Correct!

CBSubs displays by default one button per payment method. So zero payment methods means zero buttons :-)

Alternatively, radios for selecting payment method can be displayed. But there too, no methods means no way to pay, thus no selection either.

Create a dummy payment method to see.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #257944 by szoloroz
Thank you very much Beat.

Just checked - I had a dummy payment set up, but since it was only visible to super users, anyone registering couldn't see it.
Now I made it public, but still don't have a Save button. Please see attached screenshot.
But, if I click on the one of icons to the left of the Cancel payment and subscription link, it takes me to the next window (payment).

What am I missing?

Thank you in advance,
Babi
Attachments:

9 years 3 months ago #257979 by krileon

Now I made it public, but still don't have a Save button. Please see attached screenshot.

There is no Save button. You need to click one of the payment buttons. The Save button I mentioned is for your invoice address when you're editing it.

But, if I click on the one of icons to the left of the Cancel payment and subscription link, it takes me to the next window (payment).

Correct, that's expected behavior.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn