CB Fields Condition. Only show certain fields when buying/upgrading

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #261484 by HowardTheDuck
Hello Guys,
can you please help me understand how I can show registration fields only when a "basic" user upgrade his subscription or purchase a merchandise plan?

Basically I would like to allow my user to register with just a Username/Password and then ask for additional fields like name, address etc. only when they purchase a plan/merchandise.

Thank you, I tried to figure it out but...

Cristiano
p.s. CB 1.9.1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #261488 by krileon
Edit your Basic subscription within CBSubs > Plans and on the Workflows tab set it to hide your other fields with the "Hides fields at registration" parameter. This handles the registration display. For profile view and profile edit you'll need to use the CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection plugin included with the CBSubs package; for it please see your CBSubs documentation for usage information.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 1 month ago #261489 by HowardTheDuck
Hi Kyle,
thank you. Does this assume that I assign a subscription to my user in any case, right?

I mean that I cannot have my user just register with CB and then only ask for additional fields to be populated when they indeed buy a subscription or a merchandise plan?

9 years 1 month ago #261502 by krileon
Well if you want to hide fields during registration then you need a plan for Basic users to utilize the "Hides fields at registration" parameter. If you don't show those fields on registration you could just use CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection and not need a plan for Basic users. You also can't request for field data during subscription; they'd need to do that after subscribing by going to profile edit.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 1 month ago #261507 by HowardTheDuck
Ok, I understand.

I guess it is not possible to "automatically" sign a user to a certain free/lifetime subscription in CBsubs "transparently".

So I register using CB and I am automatically added to a Free CBsubs subscription.

Then, only when I have to purchase a different Plan/merchandise, I am asked for the missing fields?

Thanks again

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #261513 by krileon

I guess it is not possible to "automatically" sign a user to a certain free/lifetime subscription in CBsubs "transparently".

You could have an exclusive free lifetime plan, but no it won't be very transparent.

Then, only when I have to purchase a different Plan/merchandise, I am asked for the missing fields?

Well you won't be able to ask for the missing fields during purchase. They'd need to go to profile edit and fill them out after subscribing. Currently there's no workflows in CBSubs to ask them to complete some profile fields before or during purchase.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn