[SOLVED] Blog category order doesn't match

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #262261 by szoloroz
Hi,

The blog category order in the admin area doesn't match the order on the site - I've attached a screenshot of both. I'd like Buy and Sell to be a subcategory of Market Place as is in the back end.

How can I fix this please?
Also, how can I display certain categories for some users and not the others. Eg: only admin/managers to create Events in the New Blog form.

Thank you in advance,
Babi
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #262282 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Blog category order doesn't match
Frontend does access checks on the categories before allowing it to display in the dropdown. This means the category needs to be accessible to the viewing users. The category also needs to be published. That parameter also ignores "Category" parameter so it won't filter it down to child categories of "Category", which looks like you set "Category" to "Notice board".

Also, how can I display certain categories for some users and not the others. Eg: only admin/managers to create Events in the New Blog form.

Within Joomla or K2 depending on which modal you're using adjust the Access of the category as needed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 1 month ago #262338 by szoloroz
Replied by szoloroz on topic Blog category order doesn't match
Thank you Kyle

9 years 1 month ago #262388 by krileon
Sorry, completely missed your ordering issue. What model are you using that you're seeing this problem? For K2 I use K2 API, but for Joomla I query for this information so there could be a bug in the query.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 1 month ago #262493 by szoloroz
Replied by szoloroz on topic Blog category order doesn't match
I am using Joomla

9 years 1 month ago #262502 by krileon
I wasn't able to confirm your ordering issue, but the query is missing its ORDER BY so if the default sorting of the table is incorrect it won't order correctly. I've fixed the missing order by for next release.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn