Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] back to square 1 with basically same issues as before

• IAAF
  • IAAF
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #269921 by IAAF
UPDATE: FIXED
========================================================================================
From Webhost: Thank you for providing us with the steps you were taking and seeing the error. While recreated the error I saw that the page tripped a Mod Security rule. I have adjusted the configuration of the server to allow the action that was causing the error. Please test the situation and let us know if there is anything else we can do.
========================================================================================

still getting FORBIDDEN error when trying to save settings in CB-subscriptions

I think I've gone as far as I can with the website host. Everyone has tried very hard. Evidently people can still register and access everything on frontend so that is good, but they are still not required to pay registration fee (which is just bad for me). Somehow that is unobtainable since I can't modify the global settings in subscriptions that will allow the registration process and payment to display to new users trying to register.

Would I be safe in re-installing CB-Subs? just would hate to think that a re-install (or newest version) would cause more issues since I'm still receiving that forbidden error.

Thanks again for ALL of your help - I have really appreciated EVERYTHING you and your team have done. Just do not know where to go from here.

Donna
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by krileon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
8 years 8 months ago #269934 by nant

IAAF wrote: still getting FORBIDDEN error when trying to save settings in CB-subscriptions

I think I've gone as far as I can with the website host. Everyone has tried very hard. Evidently people can still register and access everything on frontend so that is good, but they are still not required to pay registration fee (which is just bad for me). Somehow that is unobtainable since I can't modify the global settings in subscriptions that will allow the registration process and payment to display to new users trying to register.

Would I be safe in re-installing CB-Subs? just would hate to think that a re-install (or newest version) would cause more issues since I'm still receiving that forbidden error.

Thanks again for ALL of your help - I have really appreciated EVERYTHING you and your team have done. Just do not know where to go from here.

Donna

Did your host ever respond to your last round where they claimed that it might be a mod_security issue?

• nant
  • nant
8 years 8 months ago #269945 by nant
Ok, both Kyle and I took yet another look.

I have removed things you did not use - please do not install them again.

No need to install every single plugin available and not use it.

We have confirmed that there is something wrong with your hosting environment.

It is simeple to see.

Just visit your Joomla -> System -> System Information page and click on the PHP Information tab.

You will see that the PHP image above the PHP version 5.4.44 text is broken.

This in my past experience is an indication that there is something wrong (most likely mod security related) on your site.

Please bring this to the attention of your hosting people and insist that they invest some time to fix this.

• IAAF
  • IAAF
8 years 8 months ago #269947 by IAAF
Thanks Nick - will send a message to them now!

• nant
  • nant
8 years 8 months ago #269989 by nant

IAAF wrote: UPDATE: FIXED
From Webhost: Thank you for providing us with the steps you were taking and seeing the error. While recreated the error I saw that the page tripped a Mod Security rule. I have adjusted the configuration of the server to allow the action that was causing the error. Please test the situation and let us know if there is anything else we can do.

Thanks for feedback.

I have confirmed that you can now save your CBSubs settings and this was enough for CBSubs to start displaying plans on your CB registration form.

Last suggestions:

1. You need to upgrade to latest Joomla 3.4.3 release (backup first)
2. You really need to consider switching hosts or upgrading your hosting package as your environment is extreemly slowwww.

Glad you are back in business and glad your hosting issue has finally been addressed.

• IAAF
  • IAAF
8 years 8 months ago #270022 by IAAF
yes, I do need to improve my hosting environment and have been trying to find time to upgrade, but have not yet found the time or money :( . Not sure if I can afford to upgrade to a better hosting environment - I pay a lot per year for this hosting and have been with this same company for about 15+ years now. I'm always complaining to them about the slowness .... so aggravating.

Thanks again!!! You and your team are the BEST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon