[SOLVED] Manual Renewal Question

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #272183 by cagoffice
[SOLVED] Manual Renewal Question was created by cagoffice
Hello,

If a plan is valid for one year (January-December) and our grace period is 6 months. When the person renews in March for example, I want the expiry to remain as December. Which option do I choose for the drop down "Manual renewal extends expiration date as follows":

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago #272204 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Manual Renewal Question
You have to use By Calendar Year duration for that. You won't be able to set the year start date with a standard 1 year duration. "Renewal starts at expiration date or payment date - whichever happens last (allows free gap)" is recommended for most scenarios as always extending expiration date could force a user to pay for time they never utilized.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 6 months ago #272220 by cagoffice
Replied by cagoffice on topic Manual Renewal Question
I still don't think I am understanding.

I don't want someone renewing in March and having their expiration date be March 2016 then. I still want it to be the end of 2016 (December). We want all plans to be 1 calendar year (January-December).

8 years 6 months ago #272281 by krileon
You have to use By Calendar Year duration for that. It strictly sticks to a year duration with an exact year-start date. So you'd set the start date to 01-01 for example and the year will always begin January 1st and always expire December 31st. If they renew it extends that by 1 more year.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 6 months ago #272282 by cagoffice
Replied by cagoffice on topic Manual Renewal Question
All of my plan durations are by calendar year. I get that. But I am confused over what I pick from the drop down for manual renewal expiration dates.

8 years 6 months ago #272306 by krileon
Just leave it as the default "Renewal starts at expiration date or payment date - whichever happens last (allows free gap)". This means if they renew in advance it extends the expiration date. If they've been expired for a year and renew then they renew for their current year and don't have to pay for those past years.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn