CB CONDITIONAL Tabs and Fields

8 years 6 months ago #272397 by edmundcheong
CB CONDITIONAL Tabs and Fields was created by edmundcheong
I have 2 tabs conditioned to show or hide depending on a field with select option Yes or No.

Let's call this Tab A and Tab B.

In tab A, there is fieldA.

And in tab B, there is fieldB. FieldB (in tab B) is conditioned to show if fieldA is not empty.

But when Tab A is hide, fieldB still show itself eventhough fieldA is empty.

The question is:

1. Does it suppose to work this way?

2. When the field ia conditioned, is it conditioned at database level or at browser level?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago #272408 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB CONDITIONAL Tabs and Fields
Field B is conditioned off Field A? Are your condition the tab directly or the fields on the tab? Are you conditioning Field B multiple times as a field can only be conditioned once at this time. Ensure "Reset" is enabled within CB Conditional > Parameters so it resets and re-conditions field values on hide.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 6 months ago #272430 by edmundcheong
Replied by edmundcheong on topic CB CONDITIONAL Tabs and Fields
I just noticed some emoticon appeared in my post which could have made you not to understand the question. Sorry about that.

The Tabs are conditioned by another field which hides or shows the tabs.

Field B is Conditioned to show if Field A is not empty. (When Field A is empty, Field B Hides)

But when Field A is hidden because the tab its also hidden (the tab is conditioned by another field), Field B also shows itself even when Field A is left blank. (Technically Field B should hide when Field A Empty)

Fields are conditioned once but the tabs that the fields are in, are also conditioned by another field.

8 years 6 months ago #272462 by krileon
Do you have resetting enabled within CB Conditionals > Parameters? Field As value should reset on hide then cause Field B to hide. What fieldtype is Field A? Could be an issue with the empty operator and the fieldtype used. Please try changing the "Equal To" or "Not Equal To" as needed while leaving the value parameter empty.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 6 months ago #272463 by edmundcheong
Replied by edmundcheong on topic CB CONDITIONAL Tabs and Fields

krileon wrote: Do you have resetting enabled within CB Conditionals > Parameters? Field As value should reset on hide then cause Field B to hide. What fieldtype is Field A? Could be an issue with the empty operator and the fieldtype used. Please try changing the "Equal To" or "Not Equal To" as needed while leaving the value parameter empty.

Thanks Kyle. Reset is disabled. It just when the conditioning source field (field A) is no longer appearing because ita tabs is hidden, field B is misbehaving.

Just wondering if this field B's condition on when fied a shows it self.

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #272475 by krileon
That's normal behavior unless you have reset enabled. When reset is disabled it won't reset a fields value and fire its change event on hide. Please enable reset and see if the issue persists.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn